Updating soundsets

Just a sanity check to make sure I’m not missing something obvious…

Currently, is there no way to “update” a Soundset you’ve already uploaded via Creator? It seems to create a copy (1) instead of overwriting?

So I’ve been deleting, re-uploading which of course also requires a restart of the creator. (I only get 1 upload as it won’t upload anything else until the zip file is deleted, which seems to have a file lock on it)

I assume this is in the works for a future version?

Hi Jamz, yes the current build of the Creator is designed to not overwrite a soundset so if you wanted to upload an edited version you would need to either delete the original first or give it a new name. In future versions we aim that you will be able to update them and obviously upload more than one at a time (That last one is a bug with the current build)

Hope that makes sense :smile:

OK, thanks, as long as it’s in the pipeline. :wink:

FWIW, I assume that probably the first pass would be the simple one (just upload the whole zip with contents and overwrite) but hopefully, eventually it can do an update of the soundset of just the database and not upload the assets if they haven’t changed? Right now I probably have a few one shots that need to be ‘tweaked’ but I don’t want to go through the whole update process.

1 Like

We are actually moving away from uploading at all…

We hope people will be able to work on the actual online version of their SoundSet directly.

Basically the a) server and b) database components of the Creator go online… this is one of the things we need to do to make the master/minion combo work really well for online play with VTTs.

Cool, huh?! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, that’s cool! So, just an upload of the audio assets then? Will it only upload assets that changed?

I have a sort of large soundset with a collection of combat music for moods. Be nice not to have to upload the whole thing to add/change one asset!

And I can’t wait for Master/Minion! I have Voicemeeter/VBAN running currently but discovered streaming 44k/8 channel audio consumes 6.1 Mbps! It can cause a little lag sometimes with MapTool. :blush:

1 Like

Yep, yep and yep, @jamz

It’s gonna be great!

*goes to whip the dev team

1 Like