Updating Sound sets outside of SoundSet Creator?

So…I have a collection now of close to 200 different NPC sounds “sets”. Each NPC has a scripted response of either 20ish or 40ish sounds. They follow a set pattern, eg either xxx_a, xxx_b, etc or xxx_att or xxx_hi.

Obviously I’m looking to add these to my Syrinscape. Most would probably be ‘one shots’ where the one shot is a collection of 6-12 sounds from each NPC spread across a few sound sets. So best case, I have 200 one shots, worse case I have 200 Sound Sets with 20-40 oneshots in each one.

Now, I don’t need them ALL day one but I don’t think I want to enter them in manually either. I’ve done a few and it’s tedious (as it’s a repeatable task…)

So…how does @benjamin feel about us modifying the SQL database manually? (of course, it’s a buyer-beware or rather, you screw it up you may have to reinstall or such disclaimer).

I’m thinking either just a script with the required SQL or if it gets complicated, a simple Java program to do the SQL. Is this something you are cool with and would like me to share the results, or “keep it to yourself for now, we’re moving it all online soon anyway”? Thought I would ask, it may spark ideas for a “bulk importer” or something cool.

TL;DR Looking to create SQL script to bulk import/create soundsets, is that cool?

Interesting idea.

So… worst case scenario is you end up with an SQL database that no longer functions = just delete and go back to a backup.

I reckon give it a go.

I’d LOVE to hear some of this stuff… is it stuff we can share with the community?!?

And yes, the Creator SQLs are going online with the Master/Minion Player arrangement.

People will be directly editing their content online, with no more need to hit upload at any point… so this will be made irrelevant… but if a little fun programming get’s you past a whole lot of tedious waiting… I’d give it a go. :slight_smile: