I was wondering if there are plans to upgrade the interface? It’s rather old fashioned, and there are many things that should be upgraded using newer languages.
So far there are a lot of content updates, but nothing for the interface.
Here are a few things I’d love to see:
- Option for automatic updates/update all. Currently, when I want to update something, I need to go to the settings, click the reload button, then go to the soundsets and update them one by one. It would be helpful to have an automatic update option, or at least an “update all” button.
I am also not clear about how the updates work. When an update is available, is the whole soundset downloaded again? Not just the updates?
- Push notifications for updates. If we can’t have the above for whatever reason, the “Reload” button should be removed. We already have the flags in the main interface, so the system knows which soundsets need updating, we do not need the “Reload” on top of that. We just need a “download” button.
- A “Close” button is nice, but modern interfaces should allow for automatic closing of windows when touching the screen or mouse outside the windows. This will allow quicker closing of the smaller windows. For example, if I am in the update windows, I need to press close to get back to the settings window, then I need to press close again to return to the main window. It would be easier to just press outside the smaller windows, which will close them all and return to the main interface.
- On-player order change. With newer interfaces, we should have the option to reorder moods/elements by drag and drop on the player itself, without needing to go to the online soundset creator. The changes should then be pushed to the online creator so it will be updated accordingly.
- Mood groups. We should have a way to group moods together in the same soundset. For example, I have a soundset for Baldur’s Gate’s upper city, which has moods for the different neighborhoods, specific locations and some combat moods.
It would be helpful if I could group those together for ease of use. Even just surround the group with a border of some kind to make it easier to recognize in the player.
I’m sure I’ll have more ideas in the future.