Tyranny of Dragons

I know my previous request was for Dungeon of the Mad Mage, but I would like to change it to soundsets for some previous releases, like the two Tyranny of Dragons releases or Curse of Strahd, for example.

Dungeon of the Mad Mage would likely be a lot of generalized sounds, very ambitious, but very little quotes and activation sounds, like Dungeon Heist’s Durnan yelling Troll to start the specific battle or the Kenku squacking the words leading to the next environment.

1 Like

Having actually starting going through Dungeon of the Mad Mage and laying out what I think would be needed for sound sets:

Yes, there is a lot of general soundscapes and a large variety of monsters. - Which is not a bad thing for others who want to use parts of this for their own game.

However there does seem to be a respectable number of pre-programed speaking parts from Halister and the apprentices scattered in the book. So there would be some voice work required here.

That said I have to say Curse of Straud is by far my favorite adventure put out for 5E, so if people seemed more interested in that instead of Dungeon of the Mad Mage, I could easily be convinced to work on laying out the design for that instead.

Tyranny of Dragons, honestly not so much. I’d have to read that again, but I remember Hoard of the Dragon Queen being a disaster of a book to me.

Now in my head musically, Princes of the Apocalypse could be really fun, particularly if someone could come up with a way that the background music for each of the cults fronts could be tied into the Music of the cult itself and then tied into the elemental nodes… Something where you get layers of music to tie the groups together… (With the music getting more threatening as you go down.)

My group will be starting Dragon of Icepire Peak (DOIP) soon. After this, we plan on running the Tyranny of Dragons campaign. I’ve found “Greenest in Flames”, and “Raider’s Camp” for the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but that’s all I can find. Are there any more soundsets for this adventure/campaign? I’m hoping that there will be complete soundsets for them by the time we finish DOIP.