Two UI suggestions from a new user: solo audition of sounds, and a scrubber to preview samples from later into a sound's cycle

Two UI suggestions from a new user, both based in slight frustrations:

I’m building up a new custom soundscape using just the player and its custom moods (I don’t need to be a SuperSyrin today), and I’m considering adding one more sound, but I’d like to hear that new one in isolation: can I audition just that one newest sound in isolation via some UI trick, just to be sure I like what it contributes?

Also, related, for some of the new sounds I might want to mix in, I’d like to quickly “scrub” through them to get a gist of what they’re comprised of - like alternative music tracks. I don’t want to have to wait many seconds to get an idea of the overall feeling is - it would be nice if I could skip ahead in 5 or 10 sec increments. Maybe hidden behind a certain gesture?

1 Like

So… the main thing you can do is:
Double clicking on the play button skips the current wait time on an element and forces it to play the next cued sound immediately. That pretty much does your scrubbing.

As for auditioning in isolation, you can update a custom mood by saving again with the exact same name. So I would just save then stop the custom mood currently playing, test the new elements, restart the custom mood, add the new element and resave.

BUT Both these things are MUCH more elegantly served by simply using the Syrinscape SoundSet Creator = that’s pretty much what it is made for.

The Players asre heavily focussed on in game use and thus are FAR more limited in terms of UI.

All sense makes? :smile:

Does make sense, sure. Didn’t know about the double-click (also works as double-tap?), so I’ll try that.

Most of all, thanks for being such a responsive developer!

1 Like

:smile:

And thanks for being an awesome Syrinscape user!

1 Like