Traveling sounds

Hello together,

I‘m quite new to the fantasy-tool, but already love it. I‘d mixed a few own moods and together with all the material, it‘s brilliant.
(Hopefully everyone can understand me… English is not my native language)

What I still miss are traveling sounds - for example:

• a horse passing by
  • a horse coming nearer and stopping
  • a cart with a cow passing by
  • Wanderers passing or stopping nearby
  • a few horses (4 to 6) passing by or stopping, maybe with some people with armor on it
  • feet in a forest
  • moving through a meadow (not just the birds, cicades and so on, but the sound of passing the grass)

I can already create some good ambient sounds for the forest day/ night, with or without wind, crackling fire, river etc. but there are still missing the above sounds.

It‘s just to create an ambient sound for travelling, moving from one point to another, meeting people, riders, soldiers, carts and so on during these long distances.

Does anyone have ideas or is there a soundpack planned in the nearer future?

Thanks for your help,

Greetings,
Jan

Hi Jan,

I have already created some mood that fit those descriptions.

Lost Mines Of Phandervel : Traveling by wagon
Descent into Avernus : Leaving Baldur’s Gate & Wyrm’s Crossing
Curse of Strahd Lands of Barovia : Old Svalich Road By Wagon
Call of Cthulhu Two Headed Serpent chapter 1 : Opening scene: Bolivia jungle

If you have the online player you can use the sounds from these to build your own. Hope that helps

3 Likes

Hi,
thank you - I will definitely try these to cremte some moods.

Quick question: „online player“ means: on a PC? For the moment I only have the app.

Greetings
Jan

Brindol Town and Big City (Magnimar) have elements called “passing by”, which are various wagons, mounts, beasts, etc coming and going. Brindol Town has animal sounds too. Male Fighter/Female Cleric has sounds of people moving in armor. And Farmland has an element called (if I recall correctly) “way out in the corn”, which is moving through light vegetation. I hope these help!

3 Likes

Hi Jan,
As far as I am aware, the online player is only on the PC. I don’t have the app.
There you can build your worlds of sound. But with the app you can customise the sounds there.
Have fun exploring

Hi - thank you.
I will try them - they sound good so far. :slight_smile:

Brindol town is already in use anyway. :wink:

Greetings
Jan

1 Like

Thanks - I will.

I‘ll try it with the app first then maybe with the PC.

Greets
Jan

1 Like

I guess it depends where they’re travelling to and from. Wagon journey is a great start but I actually really like to mix in plains (which is like wind through grass), passing carts, horses, seagulls (if they’re travelling near the coast) to create something custom.

A good addition for the “travel by cart” element is the wagon wheels element which is basically the sound of wagon wheels on gravel roads. Those two elements combined make a great comination. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The Online Player, just like the Offline Player’s are available on PC, Mac, iOS and Android. One Syrinscape account can be used on either of the apps, allowing you to change between them and use the one the best meets your needs at the time :slight_smile:

Hi - that is exactly, what I‘m looking for. Travelling through a forest, a meadow, along the coast and having horses, carts, people passing by.

Did you manage to create something useful? Which sounds did you use?

Greetings
Jan

Thank you, I‘ve got the Wagon-Sound in use now.

Greetings
Jan