So a few questions:
- Why there are 3 different players? Should I as SuperSyrin subscriber install them all or should I only have one?
- Is the community content the same as custom campaigns and are they all here https://forum.syrinscape.com/c/campaigns
- Is there a way to choose to install all available soundsets? It really feels like a chore at the start to do it one by one.
- Is there a way to "record" the clickable sound effects as part of a mood (I think they are called moods)?
Thanks in advance for all the help!
So I'm not the most experienced Syrinscape user around here, but I'm also a SuperSyrin subscriber and have been enjoying it for a few months now. I'll do my best to answer and those who know better can come and correct me if I'm wrong lol.
- While I can't be sure as I didn't make the decision I would say that the reason there are 3 different players simply for ease of use. There is a massive amount of soundsets available at this point and more are being added all the time. Even just using the Fantasy player I sometimes let myself get a little carried away and have more soundsets on the screen than I really need and it makes it more cumbersome while DMing.
- The community content are soundsets compiled or created by the community whereas the custom campaigns is where/how you can add certain soundsets to a "campaign" in the player so that you only see the ones you want (and potentially prevent the problem I described above). You could for example compile the soundsets you want for a single adventure into a "custom campaign" so that they are easily accessible for that particular session and/or you could make one full of the soundsets you find yourself reusing over and over again so they're always easy to access. In addition to the link you have above here https://forum.syrinscape.com/c/soundset-suggestions is a good place to go if you're looking for specific soundsets as opposed to whole "campaigns" of soundsets. Think of a "campaign" as a playlist of soundsets. Also here https://syrinscape.com/about-syrinscape/community-content/ has some content created by the community.
- I'm pretty sure the answer to this one is no but I've heard it come up before and if I'm not mistaken it was one of the things mentioned a possible feature in the future, or one that was being added soon. Again though I'm not completely sure on this one.
- I'm not sure how to answer this one as I've still barely dabbled in the Creater, but as it's the same tool used by the Syrinscape crew to create the soundscapes I would think there's a way to do most things you could think of. Sorry that answer's not that great but I'm sure someone will have a better answer shortly. The people here are very helpful and pretty good about getting to things in a fairly prompt time-frame.
Hope this helped a bit, and I hope you enjoy Syrinscape! I know I have. If you need any clarifications to my rambling above always feel free to ask and I'll help if I can.
Hi @maetco666, yep pretty much exactly what @GlennCauthon said, thanks so much for that GlennCauthon!
1) essentially the players are the same but each is themed to fit into you gaming style and is the default location for those soundsets. We have so many sounds now that one player would be just way to much! You can however set it up so sounds from one player can appear in another and full instructions for that can be found in the ProTips section here on the forum.
2)exactly what was said above 😁
3) not at the moment, when we first started out it wasn’t really needed. Now though we have so many soundsets that it really is a must. It’s definitely on our list of improvements and hopefully will appear in the next build
4) I’m not to sure what you mean by ‘record’ the sound effects. Do you mean is possible to copy the one-shots (top left of the screen) or something else’s?
Most importantly though welcome and yes definitely feel free to ask questions here, someone is always bound to know the answer. Also if you want to know more about Syrinscape or Ben, it’s creator then check out my post about Ben’s Ask me Anything. That’s still happening on Reddit so it’s a great way to find out more about where the app is going 😁
For the record, as of 1-Sep-2017 there are 86 SoundSets for the Sci-Fi Player and 196 SoundSets for the Fantasy Player (as someone who maintains the FG-Syrinscape-DOE:Sound Library up on GM's Guild, I know )
Just to make sure I understood correctly. The community content is automatically listed in the available sound sets just like any other content? Is there a way to see which is community made and which is "normal"?
After a bit of fiddling with the player I realized that my quesiton #4 truly was a bit dump. The point of my question was whether I could 'record' the effect to happen for example 10 seconds in in a custom mood I make myself or can they only be activated manually.
Yes community content will automatically appear in your player if you are a Supersyrin subscriber and no it wont be marked separately from our original content. You can however see a list of which soundsets are community content here or by looking at the soundsets credits (The i icon on the bottom left of the player). The main reason for this is that the Community Content is awesome and we like to treat it as if it is an original piece of content, all of the released Community Content is of a really good standard so deserves the credit. Mentioning no names @new_vision, @Heinz and the rest
As for question 4, as a custom mood the answer is no, if you made a soundset in the Syrinscape Soundset Creator though the answer is YES, the Creator gives you full control of when sounds happen as well as acoustic settings and so much more