Timeline for Icewind Dale (Rime of the Frostmaiden) Chapters 5 to 7

Things are amazing. Some Elgato madness. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sweet! Once everything is done you should have three fields empty, the rest will be filled with soundset links. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh sweet :slight_smile: This means at least 5 more soundsents, I love this. Running Icewind dale now and we are in Chapter 1, but the enhanced experience due to Syriunscape is great.

3 Likes

Can this look be achieved without a stream deck?

This is representation of the Stream Deck XL. The Master interface for the online player is immutable :slight_smile:

No I wondering if I can run an interface on the computer that would communicate with Syrinscape just like the picture you sent or would I need to purchase a stream deck. Does that make sense sometimes I can’t explain things via text well

Yes, I didn’t understand from your previous question that you look for alternative. I haven’t explored software soundboards and how they look and how capable they are in simulating such approach in arranging sound assets. I was thinking in the beginning to go this way (either use Fantasy Grounds extension) or check software products, but quickly reached to the conclusion that having ANOTHER application open during sessions is just too much. I already use Fantasy Grounds, Realm Works and Spotify to stream audio that is missing in Syrinscape.

Using the streamdeck is magical experience during session and work, as I also found way to use it as productivity macro keyboard, which is much more convenient than the Hypershift in Razer Synapse.

So I looked into using the stream deck iPhone app I was wondering do you have a tutorial how you set up yours?

I am not familiar with the iPhone app and I recall it was asking for subscription, which is absolutely no-go. I despise subscriptions and the only oneя I pay are Spotify and Syrinscape (which I also don’t like, but for now I have use of it. I hope price is decreased, too much coffees are being given monthly :frowning: ).

In regards how I set up the desktop application, it is quite straightforward:

• I am using two default actions from: Folder (from Stream Deck library) and Website (from System library). I am arranging each soundset as folder and inside each mood and one-shots are Websites. The websites are using “GET request in background”, otherwise a browser opens.
  • I prepare the images for each button - regular cropped box and one that is dimmed down, so when I go into the folder, each sound link is readable even in brightly lit room. For oneshots I download the image using the browser from the web page.
  • I download the CSV file from the master interface and using Excel and CONCATENATE function add my token to all soundlinks, so they work properly (if you don’t put your token at the end, nothing happens. the token can be obtain by getting the url of any soundlink from the web interface)
  • Afterwards is tedious creation of each object - typing title, copy-pasting the personalized link.

I hope this helps.

Oh yeah this is awesome thanks! Yeah I’m only going to use the iPhone/iPad app to see if I use the stream deck more than occasionally and then I will be purchasing the actual deck itself.

I just finished working all of the current Rime of the Frostmaiden into my Foundry ROTF world. I am currently too excited to wait for the soundsets and have homebrewed some stuff to tide me over for now. This looks so good. Onbly took me 6 days. Would have been faster w/o work and sleep in the way. Once I figured the process, it went MUCH faster. The only disappointing part is my phone that I am using for sound won’t play my GOATBALL Jock Jams Spotify list at the same time the online player is open. But that is a minimal problem for one scene.

Wait how did you get it into foundry?

My journals and NPCs are very Master Interface hyperlink heavy now. My Icewind Dale map is pinned with audio for spine , towns areas, and the glacier. I added spells and sounds to npc attacks. All the orange words are syrinscape soundfile links that only send to my personal online player. 16232961646946800664271264856260|666x500

Nice! :trophy: :pizza: :beer:

I initially made individual google docs of player sound links to my phone online player…and then figured "if I can link for the players, then . . . :rotating_light: "

1 Like

Would totally help others!