Master/Minion Public Beta
1) The first time you hit play on something, the Minions quickly download the samples they need from the server and then start playing. So there will be a bit of latency sometimes.
2) We are actually working on getting rid of the latency... sooo wait for it...
3) We plan on making the OneShots coins more recognisable, and restoring the cute art you see for them (in the normal Players)
4) Your 'Campaigns' are not currently visible in the Master UI, we are planning to fix this soon.
5) Keyword search is currently very limited, but we'll be added lots and lots of organisational utility over the next few months = that's one of the best things about this UI being hosted on our servers = easy to dev and update.
6) You can't set the speaker setup yet in the Minion Player (only stereo). We are planning to add this in soon.
7) We plan on adding some way of seeing how much Cache the Minion Player is using PLUS a way of clearing this Cache to free up space on your disk
8) Android and iOS versions of the Minion Players are coming... they will look pretty much the same as the Desktop versions you already have.
9) When a player joins a game that is already running, they won't hear any sound untill the Game Master makes a new selection.. we hope to fix this, but it's not a super high priority yet, as you can fix things up by just greeting the new players which a new MOOD, made just for them.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU NOTICE MIGHT JUST BE A BUG YOU CAN REPORT ON THIS CATEGORY!!!
This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is unpinned by staff for everyone, or by individual users for themselves.
I have a few more questions 😁
About Point 1)
Will the samples be saved until the next Session for the minions ? Is it possible in a future version to preload the samples for the Minions ? Because some of my players have a poor internet connection 😜
And sorry for my poor english. 😊
Yes, once samples have been downloaded by the Minion, they remain in the Cache, until a user deliberately deletes them.
So there will be latency on the FIRST playback due to having to download the samples, and then after that, only the CLICK has to make it through to the player.
Also, we are looking to a way of triggering pre-downloads based on what the GM anticipates using in a session (in the future)
Also... your English is totally excellent! Be proud!