TftYP: Tomb of Horrors READ ME

Hi all,
With the help of Steve Barr from Syrinscape I just published my 1:st in a series of Soundsets for the adventures in Tales from the Yawning Portal- Tomb of Horrors. To help everyone get the best out of it, here’s a quick walkthrough of how I constructed it and how you can use it. Also - any feedback to make it even better is welcome.

MOODS:
Introduction
This is the “Walk in music” for the adventure. I try to run ToH as a one night, and as we´re setting up the game I use this mood to… set the mood. I’ve placed the Tomb deep in the jungles of Chult - thus the exotic birds and jungle sounds

Approacing the Tomb
This is used when I setup the story. THe characters are hacking their way through the jungle, searching for the elusive and mythical tomb, maybe as a task given to them by a rich noble who really wants some artifact hidden in the tomb…

Outside the Tomb
As the group reaches the Tomb I use this to describe how all of the sudden the jungle grows deadly quiet - as if life has abandoned this place.

Tomb of Horror Ambience Menacing/Enigma
These 2 moods are used as my generic background when players explore the tomb. If they’re trying to solve a puzzle, use enigma, if yo want tension, use menacing.

All the other moods have numbers corresponding to the location in the adventure. The ones with an E in front means event and are to be used when the players trigger the event at that location.

There are also a number of one shots tied to some locations to use at events but they do not change the mood of the location.

Hope you have fun with this and any feedback is welcome. I hope that within the next few weeks I will have 2 more soundsets out to use with adventure G1: Steading of the Hill Giant Chief, also from the Tales from the Yawning Portal Adventure book.

Cheers!
Beorn

4 Likes

It’s a great set and a big one! Thanks for putting it together and sharing it :slight_smile:

Sweeeeeeeet! Thanks @bjornsundell!!!

This is a pretty stellar sound set. Still trying to figure out how to create one with my own music.

Thanks! I’m also looking at that. In the upcoming release of ”Against the Giants” I’m including voice acting that a gifted friend of mine did.

/Beorn

1 Like

Hi everybody! Total newbie here… I’d like to sample this, is that possible without a SuperSyrin subscription? (Although this could sell me on one, I’d love to re-use someone else’s work instead of building my own.)

1 Like

You would need to Supersyrin subscription to be able to access all of the fantastic Community Content, but you can sign up for a free 30-day trial, which would allow you full access to all of our content, including Syrinscape Originals, Community Content and the Online Player :grin:

@Steve, thank you for confirming! I’m told I can’t have a trial on this account (maybe I did one years ago and don’t remember?) but just decided to upgrade, at least temporarily.

@bjornsundell, thank you for sharing your work! This will make it much easier for me to prep, not having to build my own soundset.

1 Like

You’re welcome! I hope you like it. It really makes my day if my stuff can help out someone else. If you use it and want to feedback on it - please do. Helps me make it better.

3 Likes

Done, after four sessions! Thank you again for sharing.

No material feedback. If I had to nitpick, I might have liked a couple more triggers for some of the demilich attacks. But all in all, solid and useful.

2 Likes