Tablet scrolling

I have the players on my desktop, windows laptop, and iPad. My laptop folds back on itself to become a tablet, which would be super useful to use while DM-ing, since I can fold it and it stands on its own out of the way, but the scrolling for everything outside of an actual tablet required the mouse wheel. Even setting to “Tablet Mode” doesn’t do anything to change this.

Please update the scrolling to be more of a grab and scroll (or provide an answer as to something I can do for this). I would expect something like if i held down the left mouse button, I could drag the lists up and down.

thanks!

Yeah, Windows Touch scrolling has been a real problem in Unity (upon which Syrinscape is built).

You can actually grab the scrollbar, on the right hand side of the column, but it’s pretty thin.

As soon as we can we’ll implement touch scrolling (like on Android Tablets and iPads).

I wonder if we made the scrollbar thicker (just for Windows builtds), would that be helpful (we could even make a “Thick Scrollbars” setting.

Would that make sense?

1 Like

Yea, I would say at least make a “Thick Scrollbars” setting. So what I did tonight (just getting back from session) was I turned my laptop on it’s side, so everything was vertical. That would have been and absolutely perfect solution, except the fact that as I grabbed the end of the window, all of the inside “stretched”, so that the items were distorted and when attempting to press buttons, the coordinates didn’t “translate”.

So i just stretched the window a small amount vertically, and reduced the UI size to 90%, and that worked fine. I had to squint a bit to read the items, but that was partly because of the reduced brightness of the screen.

That’d be an alternative too, if you made at least the vertical UI extend vs stretch. I didn’t have that many extra, but i’d get over 2x the number of items if the window extended (keeping the UI the same size) instead of stretching and distorting the buttons and such. I can take a screen shot if you like if i’m not being clear.

Plus using Custom Moods I, i had an extra button of “Silence” in there, so i didn’t really need that, which gave me some room to work with.

Thanks!

1 Like