Syrinscape won't show directories when importing samples

So, trying to import a .wav file to be used in a custom sound set. But when ever I click on file folder in Library, I get a window that doesn’t show any directories. How do I navigate to the directory that the .wav file is located?

Are you getting a dialog button pop up saying, it can’t find the current directory? If you are, click continue on this.

If not check out the config file here:
C:\Users\Ben\AppData\Local\Syrinscape\Syrinscape SoundSet Creator

And clear the:
last_opened_path =
parameter.

i.e. set it to:
last_opened_path =

Or delete it… I think that works too.

Guess no help in fixing this issue?

Sorry for the delay in response! I offer a :cookie: as an apology!

Can you try using Chrome for me? Any difference?

Can you send me a pic of the files in the actual directory (in your normal file explorer).

I’ve also notice that doing it the way I have been doing it, the files in the sample directory seem off to me. This is the process I am using:

1. Go to a “music site” (Original post was flagged for advertising) and save a sound. This is saved as a .mp3 in a folder on my desktop.
  2. Open the sound in Audacity and convert (export) it to .wav with no Meta Data. This file is saved with the name “49_Goblin’s_Cave.wav” in the 16bit .wav format.

At this moment the file is still called “49_Goblin’s_Cave.wav” in the samples directory.

1. I then go and quit Soundset Creator completely, closing any browser tab, the small window that is opened in the back ground on my desktop and then right click on the logo in the bottom right corner of task bar.
    Pictures: at Bottom
  2. then reopen Soundset Creator using desktop icon created when installed. I then see the file I saved, but nothing plays when I click on play.
  3. So I input some stuff in the Attribution section for the copyright stuff saying “This sample is used under Creative Commons: Music Site”. Not sure if this is correct or what not.

At this point the file is still called “49_Goblin’s_Cave.wav” in the sample directory. but I still can’t play and hear any sound from the file. So I repeat steps 3-4.

This time when SSC (SoundSet Creator) opens in browser, I get this screen that pops open:

I close that as i recall watching a video that said so. If it hasn’t closed it self before I get a chance to.

Now playing the file listed in the Samples section will play sound, but I notice a few changes.

A) Sound playing
B) File pat is no longer “49_Goblin’s_Cave.wav”, its a random generated path. Also, in the sample folder I have the new randomfile.wav and a " “49_Goblin’s_Cave.ogg” file. not sure if this is normal. the .wav file size is 100MB while the .ogg file size is more in line with the file size of the sound clip.
Example: Pictures: at Bottom

C) That message popped up a while back and doesn’t go away, even though I can play the sound for that file.

Good info. Let me read it properly. :smile:

hopefully my post doesn’t get flagged, seems they have been flagged due to advertising…not sure how I was doing that other then perhaps my image links…

Also, I know you asked for a picture of my File Explorer link, but that post got flagged…for advertising…so I deleted it. I only posted a imgur link showing what was contained in that section of file explorer.

'Twas flagged for a link to Table Top Audio… I think.

Okay, so tried to post a link again to show directory and notice my other post is now flagged. Seems you can’t post a link to imgur? So not sure how I can share screen shots then.

As new users can’t upload images through the forum and I can’t post imgur links…

Flaggng is fine.

I can unflag. And I see the post either way. :smile:

Well, trying to post a link to the directory, but it block any attempt to post that link…

h t t p s : / / i m g u r . c o m / a / s m 3 F C

Okay, if you wish to view link that shows directory screen shot, remove spaces in the address above.

1 Like

Hey @gararion, just out of curiosity (as I can’t see the Screenshots I have to ask): did you try to import the sound file from within the soundset creator? From what it sounds like, you converted the file and put it manually into the samples folder. Am I mistaken here?
You need to import it from within the creator, so that it is properly processed and added to the samples library. If you have done it like that, scratch my reply and take this :doughnut: as apology instead. :wink:

@new_vision Yeah, I tried doing that. When I click on the folder symbol, I don’t get any directories listed, thus can’t travel to any location on my computer to import the .wav file.

The method I’ve been doing it now is the only way I have found to “import” the .wav file, or at least have SoundSet Creator to at least see it in the sample list.

I had that once, too. Clicked one too many times on “up” and couldn’t go back. But was it unaccessable to you from the beginning?

i faced to such a this problem. but hopefully it fixes.
طراحی سایت

@new_vision Yeah, haven’t been able to open and view directories from the start.

So, yeah, doing it my backwards and difficult way, I’m able to set things up and upload it to the server and it all works. Just wish the import feature worked, as it would save quite a bit of time, not having to quit the program 3 times just to get the sound into SoundSet Creator lol.