Syrinscape SoundSet Creator "Waiting for UI"

Found out about Sound Set and was super excited to use it. I upgraded, payed the money, and downloaded it. However once I opened the SoundSet Creator all I get is a screen full of a heavy pixelated logo of Syrinscape and a little message in the corner that says “Waiting on UI”. So I left it for a few hours (I went to run some errands) but upon return I was told I was still waiting…So far my trouble shooting has involved:
-computer restart
-program restart
-uninstall and reinstall
-turning off firewalls and program restart
-checking ports to make sure there is no block
-leaving it overnight to wait on its UI
-A 9th level Wish Spell

I’d appreciate help cause i’ve enjoyed syrinscape so far…

Hi @austinj3, We should be able to get this working for you!!! Lots and lots of people are using the Creator every day.

1. Are you running the latest version? Downloaded from the website (when you are logged in).
  2. There can be lots of reasons for the Creator not starting:
    * Virus checker stopping it
    * Firewall stopping it
    * Windows user name having a fancy name
    * Rogue goblin raiding party
    *Anti-magic Zone

Are you seeing a little blue box , with the Syrinscape logo running in your system tray?

If you select the tray icon and choose “Open Player”, what does that do?

I have the tiny blue box in my system tray, selected the box, and clicked on “Open Player”. However the result was the same, blurry photo and “Waiting for UI”.

In which case click the system try icon and chose quit and try again. If it still fails to open then it means something is blocking the program such as your firewall, virus checker or Windows Defender.

I’m assuming you’ve downloaded the latest version of the creator from our main website and you have never been able to get it to work?

Correct, I went to the Syrinscape website yesterday and downloaded it so I assume that means its the newest version, and no i havent gotten it to work once

I have tried turning off my windows firewall and opening the SoundSet Creator through the system tray and that didnt work. I have also checked AVG to make sure it hasn’t blocked it, which it is not.

What you can try next time the “waiting for UI” message appears:

Close the player window (the one with the pixel at edge icon).
Right click on the tray icon and choose “start player” (the pixelated window reappears). Sometimes this is enough for the interface aka UI aka web browser to start.
If not- right click on the tray icon and choose “start interface”. That should do the trick and works 90% for me.

You haven’t worked with it, yet, right? Sometimes this behavior can be triggered by a large sample library, but that’s obviously not the case when you haven’t worked with it.

Also - what’s the web browser of your choice? Iirc the Creator works best with Chrome.

I did exactly as you suggested. I had done it before but tried it again while hoping really hard and still am in the same place, “waiting for UI”

I do use Google Chrome as my web browser

Am I hopeless?

You don’t have another device you can run it on? It looks like your computer has trouble activating your browser for reasons unknown. Is Chrome your system default browser? If so, could you use/make another browser as standard browser (like Microsoft Edge) as a test, sobtgat we can narrow down/exclude certain combinations?

Also - can you give some system specs/details about your computer?

Ah - I guess you can go to the Syrinscape website (not the forum) on log in properly? In the top most line is next to your username your type of subscription. Check if it says Supersyrin.