Ok, so some of you use Fantasy Grounds and know how to create sound links to play Syrinscape from directly within Fantasy Grounds. However, at this time, the extensions that are typically used (DOE: Sounds) can’t be used with the Pathfinder Playtest Ruleset. So, if you want to be able to trigger sounds within Fantasy Grounds for Syrinscape (and this process can be used to play mp3’s, etc from your hard drive also), look at the process below and watch the short video I created showing how to do it. Hope this helps some of you. And if you are using the 5e or other CoreRPG rulesets and aren’t using the DOE extensions, you need to!
Syrinscape Sound Link Process:
- Open Syrinscape, enable 3rd party sounds and click on the + sign for the sound mood or one-shot that you want to create a trigger for.
- Right click somewhere on your windows desktop and click on “new”, then “shortctut”
- Paste the syrinscape url that you copied and click “next”
- Name the shortcut whatever you want but make sure there are no spaces (e.g. ForceMissile and not Force Missile)
- Save the shortcut to whatever location you want
- Open the shortcut you just created and right click on it and select properties
- Go to the security tab
- Copy and paste the “object name” that appears in the window into FG chat
- note that the string will look something like this: C:\Users\Allen\Downloads\statuetrap.url
- change the wording in the FG chat window to the following structure exactly as I type it: file:///C:Users/Allen/Download/statuetrap.url
- Hit "enter) You should see a link now in chat and the word (LINK)
Now you can trigger those links from a story entry or wherever you want within Fantasy Grounds. Happy Gaming! Here is a short video showing the process: