Syrinscape periodically stops and pushing buttons doesn't do anything

We play in-real-life, and I use a Samsung Android Galaxy Tab A tablet connected to external AC powered speakers to run and play Syrinscape at our table.

I use this tablet exclusively for running Syrinscape, so while there are some manufacturer installed Apps on the tablet, all other Apps have been removed. The tablet has the latest software update dated 01/18/21. The tablet is using 14.7 GB of system/user data and has 1.3 GB of available space. In the tablet’s memory, the system and apps are using 1.1 GB of space, there is available 1.7 GB of space, reserved is 120 GB of space and Syrinscape is using 379 MB of memory or 0.04%.

Nonetheless, the Syrinscape application periodically just stops. When this happens, touching buttons in the App does nothing. When this happens, exiting Syrinscape and then reentering Syrinscape does not necessarily resolve the issue. However, restarting the tablet then reopening Syrinscape typically resolves the issue.

The most recent time this happened, my players were in the midst of a dramatic undertaking, rescuing NPCs from burning buildings. The sounds effects really added to the moment. However, when Syrinscape stopped working it was very disconcerting. It also took me several minutes to trouble shoot.

With that, what should I do to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks.