Syrinscape Online Player not linking/loading

Hi-

So I’m on a Mac running 12.3.1 and my online player is just an unresponsive thunder/lightning background and the Master Interface is showing the “can’t hear anything?” banner.

I’ve tried uninstalling/reinstalling the player but it hasn’t helped. Any ETA on a fix?

Server 12 is working for me.

I guess this problem is still persisting? I updated last week and it worked fine now today boom it won’t connect…it shows im still linked and i’ve even linked and unlinked it won’t connect :frowning:

Im having the same problem, i cant log in and even listen to the audio. This has been going on for 3 days now and needs to be fixed. I own every sound set and cant even use it.

Thanks. Managed to find the server button and locate a server that was working for the rest of the game. First game since moving to paid subscription - added unnecessary stress to getting set up :frowning: hopefully just an isolated incident though! And now I know server button so can try that work around, if it does.

Hey all,

THANK YOU for your continued patience. We are getting closer to having these glitches resolved.

Rest assured the dev team is working very hard to resolve the issues. They are lovely people who will deserve many beers once this is fixed up (but not before) :smiley:

You can expect some more instability over the next week, but things are already a lot better and they will continue to gradually improve.

Take these steps when you experience trouble:

1. let us know on support@syrinscape.com
  2. try the new server button * (in the MasterUI near bottom left just above the art) (and then relaunch the Online Player) THEN let us know which server number was broken (via support@syrinscape.com) so we can check it out and restart if it hasn’t already restarted automatically
  3. refresh the Master UI
  4. it probably won’t help to log out/in
  5. it almost certainly won’t help to uninstall and reinstall the Online Player

Sorry for any games that have been soundless! Things will be back to smooth running sooooon. :slight_smile: :octopus: :bug: :hammer: :pizza: :beer:

2 Likes

This issue surprised me because I hadn’t been reading the forums, and it negatively affected my online game today, but I understand these sorts of things happen. However, I suggest that perhaps an email or communication be sent out to all those on the mailing list (at least subscribers!) when this level of trouble crops up. Giving a heads up on this would be a considerate gesture (my apologies if you did and I missed it). I didn’t realize how much I loved tying the various soundscapes to my scenes in a live game until I couldn’t.

Working again for me, on server 1.:slight_smile:Nicely done guys.

1 Like

I switched servers. That seemed to fix the problem (Server 12)

Mine just switches between s13 and 14, online player wont connect at all. Uh, this is pretty unacceptable if its been going on for 3 days?

EDIT: Spam refreshed until I got s8, and I’m in. Players are still having issues…

Y’all should really just take s13 and s14 down, they’re very dead.

Hey @dsoltyka,

Sorry about the hassles you had. :face_with_head_bandage:

Can you let me know. Did you restart the Online Player between each server switch? If not, that will help you next time (though we’ll probably nail these last few bugs pretty soon so hopefully there won’t be a next time). :slight_smile:

Yup, after I managed to snag s8 via the master interface, everyone restarted. However, they weren’t able to connect until they fully unlinked and relinked with a new player pin.

this is still an issue I keep getting server 9 or 11 and neither work

Had issues as well. Moved from 11 to 3 and started working. Not a great experience.

We did another deploy which MAY have finally fixed things, so definitely let us know here if you have any more probs everyone! :smiley:

And as always, THANKS for your patience!

1 Like

How exactly can you switch between servers? I saw the pic with the button, but clicking on it doesn’t let me pick a server

Clicking on the new server button should automatically give you a new server (regardless of what you do with the survey prompt that pops up). You may then need to restart the Online Player for the change to take effect there and continue your game.

Broken. Got billed today though, so that works!
Unlinked my devices and relinked current. Doesnt have the little “Active” indicator though. Player seems to recognize the link, it isnt offering a PIN anymore, but the Master Interface is nagging me to link my device. No sound. Tried changing servers several times, just switches between S4 and S5.

His @gerry Is that an 18 or a 2 on that d20, you’re making me nervous! :smiley:

Are you restarting the Online Player after you ask for a new server. That can help.

Either way, THANKS for the report. The dev team are taking a look.

Things are a LOT better than they were a week ago, but still not quite running 100% smoothly.

Sorry about that!! :frowning:

Hi Benjamin!
I did not, though I did refresh the Master Interface. I have restarted the Player and it is now working on S5!

Thanks for the quick reply!
(I guess it was an 18!)