"Syrinscape Online Player.app" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software

When I try to install the app on macOS (10.15.2) I get the error above. I’ve gotten this with other software packages, and it indicates that a software update is needed (at least in the cases I’ve encountered with other apps). Please advise when this will be fixed.

@bill We’re working on an update that will be compatible with Catalina. But, I think the current build should still work. Try right click to open it instead of double clicking, and you can ignore/deny the prompt about monitoring keyboard. The app doesn’t actually need or use this permission, and the prompt is a side effect from being built with an old version of Unity.

Yeah. I ran the Online Player in Catalin yesterday. It took a couple of app shutdowns and restarts, but it did work in the end, once the OS was convinced I really DID want to run the thing I had literally double clicked on to run! :smiley:

It worked after a few attempts at your suggested work-around. Thanks for the help.

2 Likes