Syrinscape Online Player 1.4.7 p5 follows default sound device

I noticed a new version was available via a message in the player, so I downloaded and upgraded it. When I ran it, I noticed the sound output changed when I set my default device back to a different set of speakers. I had to downgrade it because the system sounds and random beeps and notification are going through my sound system along with Syrinscape!

I can’t find any configuration in the Online player to lock it to the sound device on startup like the older version. Is there a new way to lock the online player to a specific output device?

We plan to add that feature to the online player soon. The latest version has upgraded through 4 major versions of Unity and been converted from UnityScript to C#. It’s possible that Unity is doing something different in its default audio device or speaker mode selection in some cases. I am investigating.

In the meantime, here are download links to the old version:

I noticed the sound output changed when I set my default device back to a different set of speakers.

Noticed this issue as well. Dealbreaker. This breaks the only workaround for choosing a specific output device.

The new version randomly crashed on me too while I was preparing tonight’s game. Going back to the old version I think. Hope it works.

I have the same issue with the non-online player one. I guess it’s the same change there.

Already downgraded back to 1.4.3 :-/

I dont know what the issue is, but with the old version i have sound, the new version produces 0 sound. i tried some setting and linking devices, nothing works