Syrinscape Online Player 1.4.7 p5 follows default sound device

I noticed a new version was available via a message in the player, so I downloaded and upgraded it. When I ran it, I noticed the sound output changed when I set my default device back to a different set of speakers. I had to downgrade it because the system sounds and random beeps and notification are going through my sound system along with Syrinscape!

I can’t find any configuration in the Online player to lock it to the sound device on startup like the older version. Is there a new way to lock the online player to a specific output device?

1 Like

We plan to add that feature to the online player soon. The latest version has upgraded through 4 major versions of Unity and been converted from UnityScript to C#. It’s possible that Unity is doing something different in its default audio device or speaker mode selection in some cases. I am investigating.

In the meantime, here are download links to the old version:

1 Like

I noticed the sound output changed when I set my default device back to a different set of speakers.

Noticed this issue as well. Dealbreaker. This breaks the only workaround for choosing a specific output device.

The new version randomly crashed on me too while I was preparing tonight’s game. Going back to the old version I think. Hope it works.

1 Like

I have the same issue with the non-online player one. I guess it’s the same change there.

Already downgraded back to 1.4.3 :-/

I dont know what the issue is, but with the old version i have sound, the new version produces 0 sound. i tried some setting and linking devices, nothing works

This issue still persists even in 1.4.10 :-/

Settings screen is coming SOON!

Then you’ll actually be able to select the output device AND the speaker setup.

Shouldn’t be too long now!

1 Like

Hi @benjamin, any update to this issue?

Hi @banterandchance,

Yes, this is working in an in-house version.

Being tested now, and the update will go out with the next released version (presuming it doesn’t explode in testing).

It was bizarre how unsupported this sort of setting was in the Unity core!!!

Thanks for your patience! :slight_smile: :broccoli:

Thanks for following this issue! are there any updates as to when we can expect this new version to drop? :slight_smile:

Hi! One month later!

In 2 months it’ll be a year of no (customer facing!) progress on this. I still have to use 1.4.3 from 2019 to have my setup work with voicemeeter banana.

I’m fine with either an in-app setting for output device or the windows 10 one.

Hope you’re doing great. Sorry for nagging on this issue so much…

What prevents you to update to latest version?
It is 1.4.10-p0, there is no problem on Windows 10, I can change freely the sound device in the audio router.

Yes… I’m pretty sure:

1. Right click on volume speaker thing int he tray
  2. App volume and device preferences (while the Player is running)
  3. Select the specific output device for the Player

I KNOW this works for the latest Online Player build.

Test?

Thanks Benjamin, this worked for me. For whatever reason, this particular setting is buried for me and wasn’t available from the system tray. I had to find it by opening up Settings and then search for App Volume and Device Preferences.

I had been using an older version of the Online Player that ‘stuck’ to the original Sound Output at application launch, so glad I was able to upgrade.

1 Like

Oh. Wow, I’m sure I tried this with every version since 1.4.7 but maybe I did it wrong! Will test of course and report back! :relieved:

1 Like

We ALSO have a select output device thing built, the wheels were just a LITTLE too wobbly to put it in this release!

Soon, though! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :bug: :hammer:

For anyone else reading this thread: Even after setting the output device for the SyrinScape app inside the Windows settings (App Volume and Device Preferences), this setting is often not honored for all time. I’m not sure if it is when your computer reboots or something else. You will notice the output device is still set to the output device you specified before, but regardless, sound is being pumped into the default device.

To fix this, you need to manually change the output device for the SyrinScape app in the App Volume and Device settings from your preferred output device back to default. Then change it back to your preferred. This ‘resets’ it and it will work again.

I have stumbled upon this issue today.

My desktop PC can control via the Syrinscape Online Player and my players can hear what I am emoting, either through Fantasy Grounds Unity or outside of it. But I can’t hear anything. I have tried turning it off and on. Uninstalling and re-installing. Changing the output device via the App Volume and Device settings to default and then back again. Nothing works.

However, if I log in using my laptop, I get the sound on the laptop as well as players hearing it.

Is there a registry entry that may have corrupted that can be corrected?

Thanks!

1 Like