Syrinscape help with Fantasy Grounds

Hello,

I need help with my Syrinscape Links inside of fantasy grounds. My players can hear sounds through the MI but not the links in Fantasy grounds game.

Hi Michael,

OK, so let’s start with some obvious stuff and get it out of the way.

1. Have you (as the Sound-Host) turned ON Sounds in the FG Options (as per the Manual)?
  2. Are you pumping sound down a VoiP App (like Discord or Teamspeak) or are the Players running copies of Syrinscape themselves?
  3. If using a VoIP App, can the Players hear sounds from Syrinscape without using FG?
  4. If the Players each have their own copy of Syrinscape, have they turned ON Sounds in the FG Options?
  5. How are you triggering Sounds inside FG?

Let us know the answers to these and we’ll help get you sorted, OK?

Cheers

Dulux-Oz

1 Like

Hello Delux Oz,

I have done a lot of research into this since my post.

I had the players download Syrinscape then Syrinscape online. From here I thought FG sounds would work for my players. I re watched “All Things FG” again with Ben and found that Ben said it can’t be done yet.

I then spoke to Lauren, Rob and the FGC community on Discord to get thier thoughts. Rob put me into Cleanfeed and Gwydiones YouTube video on it.

I have yet to try this but will endeavour to do so on Thursday as I am not 100% sure on how to use Voicemeeter Bannana yet either.
Do you know how long down the pipeline the Syrinscape online mini for playing FG Sounds is?

My only concern is that’s the only reason I bought Syrinscape Sub and know it’s a catch 22 as Syrinscape needs the funds to complete this upgrade but in the mean time it will be sitting dormant on my computer.

Thank you for your help with my matter Dulux Oz.

Hi Mike,

Look, I don’t work for Syrinscape nor SmiteWorks (Fantasy Grounds) but I am the person who wrote the DOE: Sound Extension that allows Syrinscape to be used from within Fantasy Grounds. So no, I don’t have any ETA on things other people are doing - sorry.

Having said that, the DOE:Sound was written to be very very simple to use - but people seem to make things way more complicated then they need to (& that includes the people you mentioned - who, by the way, are all friends of mine :smile: ).

Yes, the DOE:Sound has quite a few options and different ways of doing things, but fundamentally it sould only take 3-5 minutes to get FG-Syrinscpe-DOE:Sound up and running (in its basic form) - add another 1-2 minutes if you want to use a VoIP App and perhaps another 1-2 minutes if you want to have an easy, reproducable and changeable setup (ie an audio mixer like VoiceMeter). Seriously, it took me longer to set up my first Twitch Stream.

So, having said all that, I KNOW that we can get you up and running in a short period of time - simply, easily, and stress-free - so if you’d like some help then just ask. :slight_smile:

Cheers

Hey mate,

I take my hat off to you for putting out some wonderful extensions, I apologise for not putting two and two together when I saw your name :disappointed:.

Your help would be muchly appreciated as I am not very tech savvy. I only used the basic sounds from Syrinscape and did what Ben/ Rob said to do on thier instructional videos ie copy links and and create the sounds via prompt words used in chat box.

If thier is an easy and basicish way just to get these sounds to my players in FG I’m all ears.

If you live in Melbourne we can met up and you can show me, I’ll even buy you a coffee :joy::joy::joy::joy: only kidding :+1:.

Thanks again :blush:

So getting 3rd party integration working with Syrinscape Online is literally the things we are doing NEXT (after we switch on the iOS builds).

Been wanting to do this for AGES!!!

I’ll be calling on you @Dulux_Oz for some testing!

…

…soon!

…soon! ?

or Soon™ ?

:yum:

1 Like

No, not in Melbourne, but in upstate country NSW (Tamworth, to be exact :smile: ).

If you use Teamspeak I can meet you on there, or Skype (but I’m not fond of Skype) - and for some reason I always have trouble with Discord. Otherwise we can do it via email - although, that’s going to take longer, obviously.

Your call :smile:

1 Like

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you very much for the heads up, I am super excited about this feature and can’t wait to see it in action :+1:.

Cheers.

1 Like

Hi Dulux Oz,

First question? Do you own a big hat? :wink:

Can we Skype? I don’t have team speak :disappointed: and when would be the best time to Skype?

Thank you for going the extra mile to help a poor fella out :blush:

If you are asking if I’m a “country hick” and therefore if I own a “country hat”, the answer is “no, I can’t stand country music, but yes, I own a big black usa-style western stetson, plus a matrix-style ankle-length black leather coat” - add that to my shaved head and dark glasses and I freak people out looking either like a white Morpheus or a modern-day Wyatt Erp - with the combined attitude of both! :cowboy_hat_face::sunglasses:

Skypes good - look for Matthew_James_Black_Oz, and now’s alright, or later tonght (say, after 7:30 EDST).

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: that image is priceless.

I will aim for 7:30 if that is ok? I’m just leaving work as I type this.

Hi Dulux,

I can’t seem to find you on Skype.
I have Teamspeak 3 open, I am MisterSmith
Sorry it says my Speakers/headphones are Disabled

For the record we got connected and got Mike sorted :smile:

1 Like

Hey Dulux Oz,

A big thank you for your effort in helping me sort my dilemma. You were awesome and very professional.

I can sleep easy tonight now :blush::+1:

1 Like

Is that with or without the pictures of me in drag :yum:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: I choose not to answer that question for fear I might incriminate myself :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Fantastic, glad you got sorted and a massive thanks to @Dulux_Oz for sorting it. We really do have one of the best communities, thank you all for being so darn awesome :slight_smile:

This is an interesting thread, I use Syrenscape in Fantasy grounds, but currently am piping it over Discord using Voicemeter Banana and Discord PTB. I may have to look into that Fantasy grounds mod for triggering it within Fantasy Grounds itself at some point. My players love the soundscapes I have created using Syrenscape. But I am triggering them in syrenscape, I keep a panel of it open on a separate monitor

1 Like

How could you not know about the DOEs in general and the DOE:Sound in particular - no, serious question! I (and others) post about it regularly on the FG Forums and they get a reasonable amount of attention here as well.

I’m genuinely curious as to how they managed to slip beneath your radar :slight_smile: