Syrinscape has added a lot. Some questions:

Using the “Bluetooth Audio Receiver”, I can stream from my iPhone app to my computer, but it’s only stereo, even though both computer and app are marked as 5.1.

When I stream to my receiver, I do get 5.1, but not to my windows 11 machine, which would be so much more convenient.

Regardless, I have to leave the app open; if I switch to any other app (messages, phone, browser), syrinscape stops playing. Is there some way to make it continue playing anyway?

Mobile devices like phones and tablets don’t have the same kind of system resources as laptops and desktop computers. Whenever you move an app to the background on a mobile device they will restrict the resources that an app can access, which will be why they force Syrinscape to stop. Remember that Syrinscape isnt just playing one track, but instead is often playing 20+ tracks and applying the settings to each track live.

If your mobile device can split screen then you can still keep Syrinscape and a browser open in the foreground and Syrinscape will run just as it would normally, whilst allowing you to use your browser for notes, and game management.

On Laptops and Desktop computers that’s not an issue and Syrinscape will happily run in the background and alongside other apps as long as your device has the resources to run them