Syrinscape Fantasy Player using huge amount of computer resources even when idle and constantly freezing

I have been using Syrinscape for several years now and this problem has been getting worse and worse over time: The Fantasy Player especially (probably because he has the most soundsets) when running on my pc (Windows 10, Processor with 6x3.7 GHz, 16GB RAM, so definitely not a weak system) uses about 50% of RAM and 10 to 15% of CPU even when idle. It seems to be constantly busy in the background and when I use it, wether to play sounds or to download/update tracks it often freezes or crashes alltogether. I believe that this is related to the huge number of loaded soundsets, but I cannot understand why? Is there a way to fix this? I do not contantly want to have to delete and reload soundsets.

Same problem. Doubt its the amount of soundsets, since it only recently started to happen on my end

Any updates on this? I have the same problém for over a year.

1 Like

Our plan is to release the new build we have been testing and tweaking for the past month THIS week! So definitely give that a try…! It shoooooooooould work better! :slight_smile:

Is there anything we need do to use the new build? This has been a constant problem since I’ve started using Syrinscape. It starts cutting out then it’s just dead.

I want to keep my subscription but I want it to work.

I even went so far as to use a dedicated computer for Syrinscape and still no help.

The new build is available on the downloads page. Give it a go and let us know how you get on! :slight_smile: