Syrinscape crashing

Syrinscape keeps crashing during session, runs for 30 seconds then the online player crashes.

2 Likes

Possible internet issue? I know there are some problems with wifi if you don’t have a strong signal. Especially if your using a bunch of other things at the same time.

1 Like

Hi,
What device are we talking about here? Which OS? All that sort of stuff! :slight_smile:

We’ll sort you out!

Hello, I am using the Online player, Windows 10 1gig fiber connection, hard-wired from the router. It seems to only happen when I am a player but I will get a pop-up window with an exclamation point, at which time it will crash on me and I will have to reboot the online player. The time it remains up varies from 30 seconds to a couple of minutes.

1 Like

OK, so that’s very unusual behaviour, we’ve not had anybody else report anything similar. When the pop up window appears what does it actually say?

The next time it happens could you send us a crash report, that will really help us to try and figure out what is happening.

If the app has completely crashed, and Windows shows a crash report, you could send that to us, otherwise, you can navigate to; C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Syrinscape\Syrinscape Online Player and send us the player.log.

Copy this file immediately after the crash, before attempting to re-launch the app.

yeah, I don’t seem to have a player.log file
couldn’t tell you why as I only downloaded directly from the site and have not changed anything.

1 Like

Thanks for all the info people have been sharing… we are getting closer to fixing some of these crashes.

Syrinscape has definitely been crashing MORE since the Unity 5 update… but this will get better as the brand new code-base ages a little. :slight_smile: :smiley: There are even probs inherent to unity itself… which THEY are working on too.