Syrinscape Could Not Copy To The Destination Directory - RESOLVED

Recently I’m having trouble getting the fantasy player to download any soundsets. I’ve been a subscriber for about 2 years and have had no problems until today. I had some soundsets already installed, but had not used the player for a while. I opened it today to check for updates and new soundsets. Each time, the soundset downloads but then finishes by saying something like “Syrinscape Could Not Copy (Soundset name) To The Destination Directory”.
I’ve tried reinstalling the player itself, I’ve tried clearing and reinstalling the soundsets, I’ve tried running everything as an admin, and making sure the program and its folders have permissions etc.
I’m kind of at a loss now. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

So: you’re on a PC I guess? What has changed since the last time it worked for you - can you recall that? Reinstalling the Fantasy player worked? If so: I would guess that some kind of Malware/Virus protection software interferes with Syrinscape wanting to access the hard drive.

Thanks @new_vision

Yeah. Sounds like the Player is up to the step where it writes the samples and other info to the WIndows Cache… here:
C:\Users[YOURUSERNAMEHERE]\AppData\LocalLow\Syrinscape

And something is blocking that?

Helps?

Thank you for the suggestions. I do use both Norton Security Suite as well as Malwarebytes. When I paused those, I was indeed able to download soundsets normally again. I apologize for not being able to solve this one by myself, but I truly thank both of you for offering suggestions and help. Much obliged. Hopefully this will help if anyone else runs into similar issues. Thanks again. Very nice to have Syrinscape working again like it should.

1 Like

Glad, that your problem could be solved so easily. :slight_smile:

It would be nice though, if you can figure out the culprit. Was it Norton? My money is on Norton. Can you check that @crowfleo just for fun?