Syrinscape chat triggers just produce cheers

I have a slight problem. In our recent game my players had to turn off Syrinscape as almost every thing typed in the chat screen resulted in Syrinscape playing cheers.
Type magic missile, “Hooray”
Type Critical miss, “hooray”
Type flumpyhumpydumpy, “Hooray”

Any ideas?
It was driving us potty!

Hooray, Hooray,Hooray

This is SUPER weird!!!

Are you using the built in integration or the older community mod?

Consider unplugging everything and plugging it back together again… i.e. restart, unlink, link?

Watch out for actual live goblins?!?!

Hmmm… Or was this within Fantasy Grounds?

Yes, within FG just using chat triggers. I can select a sound and play it normally.

If, for instance, the barbarian strikes with his greatsword we get “hoo thunk ray” so we get the sound we’re meant to get, plus the hooray.

I was fiddling trying to add a critical miss sound to the chat triggers and the log thing reported some sort of error so I may have ‘broken’ something.

Hmmm… Starting with the basics, do you have any extensions loaded? If so I would turn them all off and if things work as expected, add them back in one by one until you find the issue. I haven’t played with it in a bit but so I’m not 100% sure.

Sorry, not sure what you mean.
I have an account with Syrinscape, Super user or something?
And an account with Fantasy Grounds.
I have Mattekure sp? chat trigger app.
I run Syrinscape online.
I did try to update Syrinscape sometime ago gut not sure it was successful

I seem to have temporarily fixed it. On the Chat trigger for Critical Hit the adv option was ticked. I’ve disabled it and now all seems to be working.

1 Like

Thanks to @benjamin Ben and @lordgwydione LordGydione for their help (enjoy your You Tube channel BTW) I think the whole issue was down to my poor understanding of LUA as used in the chat triggers. I think [CRITICAL] just meant that it was looking for any of CRITAL?

Anyway, all ok for now.

2 Likes

Excellent and thanks! Glad you enjoy it.

I mean… having an encouraging crowd cheering on one’s every move is nice up to a point… but I suppose it would get old eventually! :wink: :smiley: