Syrinscape and Discord (Updated)

Hey @g.romano. Unfortunately I’m not a mac user so all my video tutorials are for windows. However, you might check out a product called blackhole which I believe is free. Here is an article:

1 Like

Oh… One more thing. If you only need the virtual audio cables and don’t care about the full program, voicemeeter did release audio cables for the mac. You can find them on the link below. The first is free and the rest donationware.

1 Like

Thanks for your prompt help!

Unfortunately…it doesn’t work.

I do not know how to configure the VB.

Obviously Syrinscape isn’t supporting MACs…I mean if you want to link Discord and Syrinscape in MacOS. :frowning:

Got it. One thing you might try is to use the VB-cable setup only. So, download the free cable and then, although I know my video is geared toward windows, hopefully the video I created on how to set it up should still be helpful. See the video below and keep us posted if you were able to get it to work.

Thanks a lot for this solution.
It works.
The sound quality is not the best…but I think about a server boost.

Nevertheless…many thanks @lordgwydione for your fast and great support!

2 Likes

Glad you got it all working and a huge thanks to @lordgwydione for his help as always :grin:

g.romano if you want quality, the only way to get it is to use a bot to connect to your channel. Check my post about the Syrinscape discord bot. Someone had boosted their server to maximum, and it wasn’t even great at the highest bit rate. But bot worked great for them and bots have the highest / best audio because they are meant to be music bots and pump stereo surround through.

Yep. For anyone wanting to stay with discord for their sound streams, the setup @Amerisun has in his video looks great and seems like a tremendous option to upgrade quality. Amerisun is right that the only quality option is the bot given that it is in stereo whereas the “normal” connection options are for mics and are mono.

Hi guys, thought I’d add my 2 cents in here as I use the Online Player with Discord on Windows every week with no problems and maybe some of you may find it helpful.

I’ve only used it on a Windows laptop so I can’t be more helpful with other devices but here’s how I currently use it with ease.

It’s important to have the Online Player and also the Desktop version of Discord open. I also have Syrinscape open in a browser.

If you look at discord, above your profile picture in the bottom left it should show as you’re “playing” the Syrinscape Online Player. This will actually allow you to share whatever you’re playing, along with the sound to any voice channels on Discord and also within voice calls.

Start up your voice or video call. Click the share screen in the bottom left of Discord. Share the Syrinscape Online Player. You should be able to hear the sounds, they should be able to hear the sounds. Works for me every time without fail.

I hope that helps those who are less techy like myself and want a simple solution.

2 Likes

Yep. Great call. That works too!

I certainly back that statement up. As a DM who also offers regular PUGs and AL games, the ability to stream clean, HQ audio over Discord is a must. Using the bot @Amerisum points to in their post is critical. This setup requires no player download of additional software, no requirement of players to register or share their email addresses and allows a PUG to just happen… with awesome, HQ, Syrinscape Ambience and SFX. It only requires some form of mixer software like Voicemeeter to exact control of what and when something broadcasts. Run convention tables? Way easier to keep everything in Discord.

1 Like

Thanks EVERYONE for the work here! :slight_smile: :smiley: :beer: :pizza:

We will continue to make hooking up to the Online Player easier… but having this as another method is VERY useful!

I will continue to send people to this thread who ask about Syrinscape+Discord.

Thanks for your hint.
But I am a MAC User and it seems to work only properly with Windows. :frowning:

::: Casts Resurrection Spell on this thread :::

Wondering if there’s any plans on integrating Syrinscape to play more seamlessly through Discord? I’ve tried 3 different methods of streaming Syrinscape through Discord. The closest I got was through adding the virtual cable through a second Discord account. The sound does come through but it’s very very choppy. I’ve tried adding the online player through Discord following this path:
Launch Syrinscape Online player
Go to Discord
User Settings > Registered Games > Not seeing your game? Add it > Selecting Syrinscape > esc

I was expecting to see Syrinscape somewhere on the main Discord UI at that point but it’s not there. Rechecked myself to see if I truly added it. It says “Syrinscape Now Playing”… but where? I’m clearly missing a step. Anyone happen to know?

Hi @chadwickbinder,

We do NOT currently have any plans along this line.

We HAVE built the Web Player which allows DMs to share their sound with ONLY a link. Players now don’t even need to have an account or anything, sounds just players STRAIGHT out of their browser.

We’ve also made a deep an rich API tie in so VTTS and others can make sound play RIGHT out of their web pages.

The Foundry community have done this (SyrinControl) and Fantasy Grounds are close to releasing THEIR official support for this.

We think you now DON’T need to play the sound through Discord itself as the Web Player is better solution…

…OR maybe someone who knows Discord can use the Web Player API in the same way our VTT friends have done? :robot: :innocent:

I got it figured out finally!

using the Syrinscape web app through Kenku FM as outlined on this video will help anyone else struggling.

Also, the reason I wanted the sound through Discord instead of the web player is because I’m recording our sessions from Discord’s recording bot Craig, and wanted to be sure the sounds were recorded clearly. It works like a dream!

3 Likes

Thanks so much @chadwickbinder :pizza: :beer: :cupcake: