Storage Selection

Is there a way to select where the soundsets are stored. My C drive is getting full, but there is plenty of room on the D drive.

There is no way to do it from the app. I hacked it by moving the folder from C to D and used symbolic link to trick the application. Works with many other things.

1 Like

Yes, this is what I do too. :slight_smile:

What is symbolic link? Teach a brother! If i can use my external drive, it can go with my foundry to any game in person now on my laptop. Getting excited at getting smarter!

1 Like

This is a friendly article on the symbolic links: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

Note that just creating the link will not to the trick. You will have to move the data manually while the application is closed and etc.

2 Likes

Sorry I posted in wrong section of setup about storage on external harddrive hopefully someone knows how to make it work . I’d love to be able to run my sounds from my iPad at the library.

If you have WIFI at the Library then you could take a look at Syrinscape Online. With the Online Player you don’t need to install soundsets, you can play them straight from the server.

2 Likes

Thanks I didn’t think it would work as I don’t have a super sub . So far it looks like this can be a option for me so as I don’t have to get a new iPad just to store all my sound sets. Thanks for the tip it appears to be working so far for my needs.

1 Like