Starfinder Support

I’ve been enjoying using Syrinscape for some of my Starfinder adventures (Society scenarios and Book 1 of Dead Suns) I’m concerned though about how light the Starfinder schedule is going forward. I think we’re still waiting on Book 2 of Dead Suns and then nothing after that. :frowning: I think Starfinder is doing well in the market, so why the slowdown? Also have you considered curating/packaging/sequencing existing sounds into packs that support scenarios rather than the slower process of creating all new content. I want to use Syrinscape more but am struggling. Thanks for the great product!

What adventures or scenarios are you looking for? With the campaigns function on the Syrinscape website, you can put together the number of sets you need for your campaign that day and have a short list of your needed sets right at your fingertips. What are you seeking? I can help you find it!

1 Like

I’m mostly running Starfinder Society scenarios, so for example, next week I’m running SFS 1-18 The Blackmoon Survey. Best case would be to have a ready to go package similar to what Syrinscape did with Claim to Salvation. In practice, I’m digging through all the Sci Fi Subscriber soundsets trying to figure out sounds that fit, which can be time consuming. I’m wondering if there’s a middle ground where someone bundles existing sounds into a SFS 1-18 (or other adventure) pack/playlist that’s ready to go. I believe a GM seeing a bunch of ready on the shelf adventure packs/playlists would find the product super useful and even more appealing. Probably low-cost for Syrinscape if it’s just existing product. Right now I see almost nothing like that for Starfinder in the forums (unless I’m missing it…)

What’s in Blackmoon Survey? What locations, monsters, areas, moods, etc? I can help put together a campaign for you!

2 Likes

Thank you! Let me read over the next couple days and respond.

1 Like

Friendly people helping out friendly people makes me happy! :sunflower:

1 Like

OK here are the scenes in the scenario

Lorespire Compex on Absalom Station (that sound set exists)
Space journey without combat Small Pact Worlds ship
The remaining scenes are on Eox - a barren undead wasteland with little atmosphere
-City exploration in city largely populated by undead
-Overland travel through wasteland
-Search medical research facility
-Glass storm (wind storm with sharp glass)
-sniper battle in a canyon with lasers and grenade explosions
-abandoned military base
-another battle with lasers, ordinary guns and grenades

Let me know what you think and thanks for any help you can provide!

Lorespire Compex on Absalom Station (that sound set exists) - Done and done!

Space journey without combat Small Pact Worlds ship - You have a few options. Shipboard is one, Engine Room is another (if your PCs are more mechanic-minded), Starship is a third, and Starship Pact Small for absolute authenticity.

The remaining scenes are on Eox - a barren undead wasteland with little atmosphere - Sounds like a hoot! Let’s see what we have.

-City exploration in city largely populated by undead - There are several sci-fi city sets - Stellar Throneworld, Market Street 2076, Freedom City 2525, and Farside City. Since most of the undead are intelligent, and most of them aside from Market Street don’t have a lot of background babble, you should be good. If you need undead noises (for unintelligent undead or if the PCs make someone mad), Zombie Apocalypse would work, as would Corpse Fleet Skeletons. Also (from the Fantasy Player), Undead Battle, Wraith Battle, Zombie Battle, or Ghoul Battle.

-Overland travel through wasteland - Are we talking on their own two feet? Or with a vehicle? If they’re hoofing it, Desert Planet would be a good one. Lots of desolate wind and whatnot.

-Search medical research facility - Alien Laboratory. Chemistry sounds, tool sounds, gross biological sounds, the works. Cryogenic Facility could be fun to, if that sort of thing in there.

-Glass storm (wind storm with sharp glass) - Desert Planet, using the “caught in a storm” mood. Throw in some “hull scrapes and vibrations” from the Nebula set, and that should do.

-sniper battle in a canyon with lasers and grenade explosions - I like Sub-Terra, with perhaps a touch of some wind from Desert Planet. A lot of the Sub-Terra cave explorations sounds echoy, like a canyon, with some falling pebbles from time to time to keep players on their toes. Use Starfinder Handheld Weapons and Fantasy Player’s Modern Weapons for all the things fit to shoot or explode!

-abandoned military base - Star Island, Government Facility, and/or Abandoned Space Station.

-another battle with lasers, ordinary guns and grenades - Starfinder Handheld Weapons and Modern Weapons again. Blaster Battle too could be fun. Music - Epic Star Battles, if you like some good tunes to fight to.

2 Likes

This is great and I’m working on assembling these pieces into a campaign. Any recommendation for a drive through the wasteland? I appreciate your help!

What kind of driving? Wheeled vehicle? Space-ship? Wagon? Hover-car? Cyborg wheeled lizard?

A large wheeled vehicle (although the lizard sound fun!)

Depending on your engine, there’s Car Chase 2017 or Car Chase 1920. For a more sustained rumble the “engine hum” from Shipboard, turned way up, would be pretty good below the winds of Desert Planet for cruising through the wasteland. Also a lot of the sounds in Engine Room would work for a nice futuristic vehicle.