Soundset Sound Tester

I don’t know if it’s been asked yet or have been answered yet, but I was wondering if it’s ever going to be possible that the website has a demo page for each soundset so I could click a sound file and it’ll play the element or sound bite as a means of building my campaign soundsets without having to download, then “nope, doesn’t have what I need,” and finally uninstalling that soundset.

I like the website’s feature of building up the campaign so when I run it on my tablet I just need to update it and my campaign has all of the soundsets I threw into it. But there has been several soundsets where I wanted to hear what they had and they didn’t have your demo video in it or any means of hearing what is in it.

Sooo… if you run your sounds in this:
https://www.syrinscape.com/online/

Then you’ll be able to instantly play stuff without having to download and install… it’s pretty cool like that, in fact THAT is the way we are heading for the future.

IF you are talking about trying without having to buy… hmmm… we are actually THINKING of putting a feature in the Online Player that will allow you to play any given SoundSet for a very short time… 30 seconds?

Useful?

1 Like

Okay, I had not seen that the Online Player had come out. This is so cool. I’m so sad I was out of the loop on this. I gotta pay more attention to my update e-mails. Your Master/Minion setup is sweet! I’m now getting the urge to run some Roll20 games.

I love the Online Player. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It solves my problem of downloading a soundset and removing it if it didn’t have what I needed. Like I said before I gotta pay more attention to the e-mail updates.

Back to the suggestion I was thinking of:

I was thinking of when I go to add a soundset to my campaign via the main page > my campaign (or the soundsets in the store for those who don’t have a subscription), I’d get the option to hit the little ? mark on the image of a soundset. It brings you to the details page where often a lot of the soundsets you yourself have already recorded a video going over the features of the soundset. But I was thinking, you could do as you mentioned have short 30 second clips, but on the details page. Make it just the elements, none of the one shots.

Reasons:
–The elements of the soundset can be done through a small player of some kind or even a single youtube video where you demo 30 second intervals of each element. Similar to what you have done with your other demo videos, but just 30 second intervals of each element. That way a buyer of the individual soundset could listen, determine if that’s what he wants, and then buy the set because it has the elements he or she needs.
–None of the one shots though. If you included those then you could just have the details page open and click the one shot to play the sound even without a subscription or having purchased the soundset with those one shots. Which again, is why you wouldn’t include one shots in the details page with this idea, but just a list of them in text form.

Those features could even be carried over to the Online Player.

Ben, can I just say you are an awesome guy. You’re dedication to the support for your customers is just astounding. Seriously keep up the great work. I love your app. I love using it. My player’s love it as well.

3 Likes

Thanks for the great feedback @mussja28, all good stuff and more importantly Thanks for your support, we really do appreciate it! Like Ben says we are looking at better ways for people to listen to content before they buy so we will definately give your suggestions some thought :slight_smile: