Soundset Music Length

I’m trying to upload a soundtrack to a soundset, but when I do the upload is between 6-9 seconds long; where the full song is almost 3 minutes. I don’t know if I’m missing a step of I’m doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

What is the source of the music files you want to include? And what format are they in, when you try to import them?
All files should be in WAV format, 44.1kHz and 16bit stereo to minimize compatibility issues.

The opposite of this is happening to me - I’ve clipped a 95 second file down to 5 seconds in Audacity, and I’ve made sure to export it as a WAV format 16-bit file, it’s at 44.1kHz… all other audio programs on my PC recognize that the file is now 5 seconds, but when I upload the sample, it’s 95 seconds long again. 5 seconds of sound, 90 seconds of silence.

So, you have imported the file in question into the Creator, modified the original file and imported it again, using the same file name, after deleting the first iteration of the file?

What you can do (the described phenomenon sometimes happens) - delete the sample in question from the creator. Then close the creator completely (browser window, player window, task icon quit), restart the creator and try importing the sample again. Does it still not recognize the correct duration?

Restarting the creator looks to have worked - the creator now says the file is 5 seconds long.

Thanks much!

1 Like

The files are WAV 44.1, though I will admit I don’t know how to check if it’s 16bit audio. I did try the restart like you suggested lower in the thread and now it recognizes up 30 seconds of it.

Where did you get the music files from? Did you convert it from MP3? Did you digitize from a CD? You can use various audio software, such as Audacity, to check and/or change the format of an audio file.

And one important thing - there should be no metadata included in the sound file (like MP3-tags).

As a rule of thumb - all files should be CD audio quality (44.1kHz, 16bit, stereo), then the usage in the Creator should be easy.

I have 4 CDs that I digitized the files from, though they saved as WMA files. So I’ve been converting them to WAV format using a converter making sure that it’s set for 44.1kHz.

I think, somewhere along the way, probably during the digitizing of the CD audio into WMA, something has happened to the file, that causes this hiccup.

If you are in the Windows explorer and check the properties/details of one of the files you want to import into the creator, is there any metadata attached (like Genre, composer…)?

So I’ve managed to upload the rest of the album now in their entirety, but now it won’t upload the first track I was trying to; the one that would one have 30 seconds of play. But if I can’t get that one, it’s not that much of a loss. Any further help is appreciated, And Thank You for your prompt help.