Soundset creator dissapears from computer - RESOLVED

I didnt post it in support section before (by accident) So there is another topic out there for this elsewhere… sorry.

So, I started the soundset creator, and it timed out a few times and then quit trying to reach the server. So I tried to start it again and… the very same shortcut I had just used to start it the first time said “The item this shortcut points to isnt there!”

I scratched my head and went looking, and sure enough- NOW THE EXE FILE WAS MISSING!

So I looked around for it, and didnt find it. Then I downloaded it anew, and re-installed it. Started it up, couldnt connect so it exited. Tried running it again- AND THE EXE IS SUDDENLY GONE AGAIN!

What… What is happening here?

Not an official Syrinscape support bod here, but… the behaviour you describe sounds suspiciously like an anti-virus program misidentifying the .exe as hostile and quarantining it. Check whatever AV program you’re running and see if it’s reported a hit.

Yes, I definitely agree with @DrVesuvius.

Some of the behaviour of the Creator can look pretty suspicious to an Antivirus program (eg downloading content fomr the internet, writing to the system cache, then uploading stuff to the internet).

So look into that… see if you can recover/restore your files and then WHITELIST the Creator exe as something not to be scared of.

Let us know how you go! :smile: