Soundset by "creature type"?

I have a request for a soundset (and perhaps it’s 70-80% done already so maybe an quicker hit?)

Caveat: I’m requesting specifically for Pathfinder as you already support it but it could easily be used across various other systems?

I’m looking for a one-shot (with a few variations each) for each “type” of creature (in Pathfinder). I’ve nabbed a URI for the list currently and some match great but some not so much. Specifically I’m talking about the knowledge groups creatures break into; Humanoid, Undead, Animal, Fey, Vermin, Dragon, Ooze, etc. And possibly some subtypes like Giant, Evil, Good, etc?

Currently I use them for “Initiative” sounds. So as each “creatures” initiative is up, a quick roar or growl or moan etc sound comes up. (and I have custom ones set for the PC’s). It’s really a neat way to use Syrinscape I think and grabs my players attention clearly on who/what is now currently activated.

For instance, I use the roar from Tiger for type “Animal” and some grunt sounds for “Humanoid”. I found a creepy whisper for Undead and a quick demonic sounding speech for Outsider. But I couldn’t find a good one for Vermin, and thinking I need like a buzz/flapping noise for flying types… And outsider could be an Angel or such so more variation using subtypes and such…

Basically, just looking for a collection of various short sounds appropriate generic enough to use for most creatures.

1 Like

I did several generic campaign sets, including one for monsters and fights: https://syrinscape.com/account/campaigns/5620-c790e73239/

This ought to cover a lot of types - dragon, ooze, giant, etc. For fey, I’d use the “charm spell” universal one-shot.

You already said you had animal and humanoid, undead and outsider. For Vermin, I’d head over to the Sci-Fi player, as there is both a Insectoid Hive set and a Swarm Attack set. Or the Swamp set has weird insect noises and fly buzzing noises. Flying types - I don’t believe there is a one-shot sound for wings flapping, but the Nightgaunt Battle has a great “nightgaunt wings” element.

For an Angel, perhaps use the “blessing” or “channel energy” spell one-shots from Kyra - Female Cleric.

I hope that helps!

1 Like