Sounds played as DM in FG, prompts player to go for an appstore in popup

We play a session in Fantasy Grounds and I play sounds fine. Then some sounds I have made as links makes this popup appear on his end for an appstore. It does not seem to appear 100%, as I trigger some environmental sounds, where he does not get it, then I do a “Growl” and he gets it.

I do not have a picture of it yet, but I can come back with it.

I had him install DOE sound and DoE base and he installed Syrinscape free. It still didnt fix it.

What information might you require to give a tip to fix it :slight_smile: ?

Thank you very much in advance.

The sounds you have made as links - did you use the DOE: Sound to do this?

Also, when using the DOE: Sound, does he have Sounds turned OFF in his FG Settings?

Hi Dulux_Oz,

Thanks for responding.

I have DOE sounds and DOE base installed as extensions and I have loaded them to the campaign.

I’ll use an example that I know triggers his pop up.
I have added this soundstring
syrinscape-fantasy:elements/YmF0dGxlLW9mLXdvbHZlbi1wYXNzLWZ1bGw6Om9yYy1yb2FyLTE/play/
to sound set up, Then Create sound. Then I have dragged it from sound tab to Story entry, but it triggers the pop up for him, both triggered as a test in sound setup and a link in the storytab.

This is not a consitant error on all soundstrings I have brought in, but this particular example does it everytime. I think it is the shorter once like i trigger a fire ball, but chat effects like a playing a hit sound on greataxe dam 1d12 forexample has not created it.

When using the DOE: Sound, does he have Sounds turned OFF in his FG Settings?

Also, is he on Windows, Mac or Linux?

He is not available yet, so I will come back to this thread in a few days when I have the answers.

I am pretty certain he manged to install DOE sound, flick sound on in FG settings and that he play on a windows OP.

I am going to hook up with him on FG, as soon as, and get the final confirmations. I’ll have him reinstall DOE sound, just incase something went wrong aswell. Then I’ll come back.

If you’re the GM, then he needs to NOT install the DOE: Sound and to have Sounds Turned OFF when he’s connected to you (the GM).

Thank you.

Then we will make adjustments and I’ll report back if it is a success.

Hi again,

I have now played with a different player and I have no issues of this kind. So everything is fine the way it is set up. The problem is with the first player, and for sure, its not the applications and extensions. Probably still useful for me to figure out what this is. Player two suggested maybe he actually play on a mac and that its itunes or something like it that interferes, we’ll see when I get a hold of player 1 again.

I still need to test with the player that originally had this issue and I will come back with what I find here.

Thanks for a fantastic oppurtunity to create atmosphere in the games. I am loving what you guys are doing. Cheers.

OK, thanks for the update. Please lkeep all of us informed (so that if others have the same issue they/we can get things resolved quickly) :smile:

Cheers

Dulux-oz

Now I have tested with the “offending” player :smile: We just started a friday session of FG.

He runs Windows 10
He had sound to on
He has DOE sound extension.

We turned sound off inside FG.

It solved it. All is now good.

Thank you very much for helping us, Dulux_Oz.

Have a nice weekend and happy hunting if there is gaming afoot :wink:

As I suspected :smile:

What I’m pretty sure was happening was that, with the Sound turned ON, his computer was trying to play the sound (via Syrinscape) locally on his computer and he either didn’t have Syrinscape installed OR he didn’t have the particular soundset installed.

Anyway, glad you guys have got it sorted

Cheers

2 Likes