Sounds not playing in Creator?

Sorry for having another need for help.

I can now open the creator and download soundsets, but whenever I click on a mood, element, or sample nothing happens in terms of sound. The GUI recognizes that I clicked it (button turns blue and the property inspector populates with that item’s info / options), but there’s no sound and the two bars to the right of the volume control for the individual elements do not move or indicate any attempt to play the sound.

Two things you can try, that can possibly fix this:

1. Go to the browser window with the Creator and refresh it (pressing F5).

2. If that doesn’t help, close the browser window, go to the icon in the task list and right click it. Choose the open interface option and make the browser start over.

If these easy fixes don’t work, it could be something with your AV, but first things first. :slight_smile:

I did two things, and it now works but I’m unsure of which of these did the trick. In McAfee I specifically added 127.0.0.1 as a trusted IP address at the “Home” level. That seems intuitively redundant to me since 127.0.0.1 references my own machine (I think? I’m not that knowledgeable on IP addresses by any stretch), but whatever. I also tried refreshing the web browser (to no effect) and then tried the “open player” command in the pop up menu from the Syrinscape icon in my Notifications Area.

It now plays sound just fine.

((shrugs))?

1 Like