Sounds from the inside of a jet vehicle

Hey, want to try to capture something of the sound of being a passenger inside a jet-propelled vehicle, specifically in my case an AV-4 from Cyberpunk Red. I can find lots of fly-bys of similar sounds, but nothing that sounds like you’re actually travelling along with the jet. Is there anything anyone already uses, or does anyone have any ideas? Picture something like the scenes in the interior of the drop ship in Aliens.

Funnily enough Nomad Land, Nomad Air and Nomad Sea soundsets are all on my list of sets to build but we haven’t done them as yet. I know @HECook has already given some great ideas for land travel, as for air;

The Masks of Nylarthotep adventure features quite a lot of travel so I included some moods to cover those. They are more cargo plane than AV but could work. I. Not at my PC at the minute but I think it was the Australia chapter (Part 6). Likewise both the Vesk and Pact Starships from Starfinder could work. You would just need to turn of the elements that you don’t need and then save them as a custom mood.

2 Likes

@Steve Great news about the upcoming Nomad sets. I’ve been looking at the Masks of Nyarlathotep sets and may be picking them up soon. I’ll have a look at the Starfinder stuff too. That’s reight helpful. Thanks yet again. :grin: :+1:

1 Like

@Steve Cracked it! Decided to get the SyrinSuper free trial and do some more in depth noodling. Using the cargo plane and creaking place from the Nyarlathotep Aussie chapter, mixing in notifications, security radio chatter and AV flybys from CPR - Block Party. Mixed in with the engine of the plane, the AV flybys actually sound like manouvering from the vehicle you’re in. Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

That sounds fantastic! Glad I could be of help :grin:

1 Like

Sounds like you’re having a lot of fun noodling :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have been having fun, yes (apart from the time when I deleted my soundset thinking it was an element, but we won’t talk about that) thanks to your help @Steve and the Soundscape Roulette video you did the other day @Vicki (which was such fun, by the way). I’ve submitted the set for approval to community content and I’ll be interested to see what people think.

2 Likes

Aww thanks :slight_smile: Last week’s SoundSet Roulette was fun. It’s a new show and I plan to do them every Tuesday. Currently setting up for today’s episode. Who knows what awaits us this time? I’m glad you found it useful though. That was the aim :slight_smile:

1 Like