Sound Set for Wrath of the Righteous

Well Good Days folks. I am about to kick off a new gaming group and the players have decided on the Adventure Path Wrath of the Righteous. Id really like to show off Syrinscape for the campaign. Any suggestions might you all have? Thanks for your time.

All right all right all right, let’s DO THIS!

(Peruses Pathfinder Wiki…)

So, for the first part, the Worldwound Incursion. That’s supposed to kick off with demons attacking the city, then a dungeon slog, then the group comes out to a post-apocalyptic city, with a thundering damaged wardstone.

So! We have the Grioth battle and the Flying Fiend battle for various flying demons, Bugbear battle for “demon” shouts and various mayhem. Maybe chuck in some Giant Rat sounds or something from the Grimple battle (the Grimple could double as a lemure). Goblin Battle has some “city in peril” sounds, as does the Red Dragon City Raid (which also has alarm bells and whatnot). Aria Park Protest (from Hell’s Bright Shadow) has some great crowd shouting, and the Masquerade Ball (from Dance of the Damned) has a full on massacre, which would be great (or terrible) for demons running amok over the city.

Stones Over Sandpoint (from Fortress of the Stone Giants) also has some boulders crashing into the city, which could double as the crumbling of the cathedral. Ogre Battle has a collapsing bridge too, and that makes a great sound for collapsing wood. Angel in the Tower (from Skinsaw Massacre) has a falling bell, also great for the cathedral.

For the catacombs, you have Dungeon Depths, of course, and Spooky. Catacombs of Wrath (from Burnt Offerings) also has some great sounds. Maybe the Shimmering Veils would also an an eerie touch. (I don’t know what monsters are in the dungeon, so you’re on your own there!)

For the post-apocalyptic city, there is the Red Dragon City Raid, the Aftermath button. That has a lot of fire and whatnot. Throw in some of the raid/screaming people sounds from earlier, just softer, and you have your refugees. Add in your demon sounds from above again, and you have your backdrop to defend the town.

As for the damaged wardstone - how about the Disjunction Chamber? That makes a lot of great sparking and pulsing sounds, and definitely sounds like something you don’t want to get close to. Maybe put in a little of the thunder from Storm to give it that city-wide doom effect.

See how that suits. I perused the rest of the wiki about the other sections of the adventure path - in short, I think the Battle of Wolven Pass would be ideal for your large-scale battles your PCs will be undertaking, Hell and Stone Giant Battle and Shadow Giants for going up against some of your larger demons in the Worldwound, and for the crystalline power source: Magic Stone Circle and/or Mountaintop Portal.

They didn’t give as much detail for the subsequent segments of the adventures following The Worldwound Incursion, so that’s just a thumbnail, but hopefully that helps!

2 Likes

My Friend, I owe you a drink should you every make it to Texas. I think it would be worth the splurge to buy you a few extra drinks. A very humble Thank you. I shall begin working on these find wonderful suggestions.

2 Likes

You are very welcome! I’ll say hi if I make it to the Lone Star State anytime soon. Best of luck in your game!

1 Like

Fantastic answer @HECook! Thanks so much for that. :smiley:

Oh my, I think EVERYONE owes @HECook a drink! :slight_smile: :beers: :lollipop:

You gonna be at any cons, this year, so I can make good on that?!

1 Like

Nothing planned this year as of yet! But if I do get to any you’re at (low probability this year, possibly next year for GenCon), I’ll be by to say howdy! :smile:

2 Likes