Sound set creator stand alone

So I have just upgraded to supersyrin, with my sole reason being the soundset creator for greater control of my soundscapes.

First thing: it’s functionality and features are exactly what I hoped for (aka totally awesome work guys!)

Second thing: it’s performance is sluggish and frustrating compared to the snappiness of the non-browser-based syrinscape player. The problem isn’t playing sounds – which is perfectly Fast enough – the problem is when creating anything, or moving anything. For instance, it takes an inordinate amount of time when duplicating a mood, or adding an element to a mood for a couple examples. This isn’t to mention the obscene amount of time it takes to download soundsets when compared to the player.

All in all I would even say it probably took me more than double the amount of time to do what I wanted to do as a direct result of the sluggish browser-based Program.

Can we get this AMAZING thing in a more responsive package? Please Please Please! :slight_smile:

Hey @killingmockingbird, yep currently the Syrinscape SoundSet Creator is in version 0.8 so really it’s still in beta and although it does an awesome job we obviously would like to make it even easier to use and more streamlined. You’ll be happy to know that the Devs are already hard at work on the next version and one of the things we are looking at is ways to make the Creator more like the Players. There’s still a way to go but each release gets us closer and makes the program easier to use so keep providing us with useful feedback and keep following the news :smile:

1 Like

That is VERY EXCITING to hear!!! Thanks for your quick responses :slight_smile:

2 Likes