Some new sounds

Just a few suggestions I have for sounds that I have not found when making these soundsets with Dulux-Oz.

• A Large heavy metal door opening and closing. (There is a stone one, but that doesn’t work well for a bank vault)

• A metal padlock clanging shut. (I have seen samples for opening locks but not closing them, and the car door lock just isn’t the same.)

• A few cowboy exclamations. (ye-haws, woahs, clicks of the mouth, and other noises to direct horses.)

• An oar one shot. (There is a nice 44 second long sound effect that sounds like a boat in water and large objects hitting water, but nothing like a single oar pushing through the water.)

Possibly metal door - Hunting Horror, the closing gate one-shot. Or WooT Slave Markets of Okeno, cage door closing one-shot.

Metal padlock - Possibly Insane Asylum 1920s - locked in one-shot, if made louder and the echo turned down. Or Dark Dealings at Misr House - metal gate one-shot.

Cowboy exclamations - There’s some in Spike (Board Game Player), though they’re attached to certain comments about various commodities, but that’s about all I can find there.

Oar one-shot - Hmm, there are two rowing sounds that I can fine, one in Flooded Tavern and one in Sinister Secrets II (one echoes, one’s in open air), but those aren’t really one-shots unless you have your finger over the button and pause it quickly. There’s also, in Flooded Cavern, a one-shot called “throw a rock in” which is a smaller splash than the others. With the reverb off, that could be suitable.

1 Like

I’m currently using the prison door but there is no bass so it’s not really hefty enough to be a bank door.

the metal gate is the same as the prison door. I think something more like a single clear metal click could make a good old padlock closing sound. Or a click and then keys turning.

I have the “throw rock in” in the same soundset so I’m looking for less of a plop and more of just water moving forcefully, like an oar or wading through.

Thanks for the help though.

1 Like