Skulls and Shackles!

New to Syrin, can someone help me compile a pirate adventure sound set list?

Best places for pirates:

Bustling Port Town
High Seas
High Seas Battle
The vast majority of the Ghosts of Saltmarsh adventure path (which includes many aquatic and semi-aquatic foes, like sahuagin, chuuls, skum, an aboleth, a huge kraken, a giant octopus, bullywugs, giant coral snake, sharks, undead, and locations like a lighthouse, ruined ship, island locations, etc. Also includes several underwater combats.)
Underwater Deep Water and Underwater Dungeon also have great water sounds and monsters
Kaiju Island (in the Sci-Fi player) and/or Jungle (tropical) for exotic islands
Magnimar, Waterdeep, or Baldur’s Gate for large cities
Seedy Tavern or Friendly Tavern to wet your whistle
Tavern Brawl for when the boasts get ugly

Any other moods, monsters, or locations you are in need of? I’m only familiar with the general premise of Skulls and Shackles, so let me know what else you’re looking for! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!

How do you just have this knowledge on hand? Experience, or am I missing a very easy function?

While I have your attention, is there a key term in searching for just… background music? Like if I just want a “Passive travel mood” type of song… or a “Tense moment in the dungeon” type of soundset.

Thank you so much for your guidance!

There is a search function at the top of the various players, though I know the Syrinscape crew is working to improve it a great deal. Otherwise I know a lot because I have been using this program since 2013 and have a mind like a steel trap! :smiley:

As for music, just searching for “music” will bring up a great deal of sets, as nearly every set does have some kind of music. The set Music - Travel has some nice ones, as does Jan the Noodling Bard, Trollskull Manor (has music in the themes of happy, investigative, relaxed, dark, and suspenseful), Music - Spooky, and Music - Moody. I also like Music - Hell’s Rebels for combat, though the combat music for the new Avernus sets or Dungeon of the Mad Mage are also very cool.

3 Likes

You are literally the best. Thank you so much. I’ll be sure to pick your mind later!

1 Like

https://syrinscape.com/account/campaigns/7964-7a2271a181/
Here’s what I used.

1 Like

Thanks! What a strong find!