Selecting Sound Device Output - FIXED

Is there an option to change the output device in syrinscape?
I want to output it to my speakers whilst other sounds go to my headphones and it would be much simpler to select an output device than messing with switching default outputs in windows to ‘trick’ it into doing what i want :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep. Definitely. As soon as we are able to add this feature, we will! :smile:

It’s bizarre that Unity will let us select Mono/Stereo/Surround, but not which Audio Output!

1 Like

For your enjoyment:
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/selecting-the-audio-output-device.306897/

Grrrrr!

That said, if anyone can work out a solution, we’ll use it in a flash!

If you start syrinscape with your desired output selected as default and then change the default output, Syrinscape will keep using the initial output.
EDIT: (I use this workaround with the creator, I haven’t tried it with the player)

1 Like

This was one of the most useful bits of info anyone ever gave me!

Thanks!

If you start syrinscape with your desired output selected as default and then change the default output, Syrinscape will keep using the initial output.
EDIT: (I use this workaround with the creator, I haven’t tried it with the player)

Thank you so much for this! I have been searching forever to figure this out and this helped me get a good sound setup with Discord that was much simpler than using VoiceMeeter!

1 Like

Yay! :smile:

And do note we will be adding selecting audio out device as an actual feature ass soon as we can!

It looks like an AudioStream Unity API just got accepted as a workaround for this issue. Its built for developers directly. Sorry if you’ve already heard this :slight_smile: