Royalty free music

I’ve just become a Patreon with Sound Hammer Inc, who are producing some great royalty free fantasy music. I thought it was perfect timing what with the creator being on its way :grinning:

@benjamin it would be great if you could speak to them and see how their music could be used with Syrinscape. I’m not sure how royalty free works, if we paid the Patreon fee would we then be able to upload soundsets that contain the music, or would that breach copyright still?

If anyone is interested in having a listen then take a look at them on Twitter @SoundHammerInc

4 Likes

OK! This sounds like an excellent idea.

I reckon we come to an arrangement with them, so people can use this music in SoundSets that people make.

We exchange exposure for use… and/or a bit of money because people will be supporting the creation of the tracks through the patreon.

All we need to make sure is that correct attribution is given for each song used, according to the specifics they request.

How excitement!

3 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks Ben :grinning:

Fingers crossed their in agreement, would be great to have all of your amazing music and samples as well as their music to be able to play around with in the creator.

I can’t wait to see who gets to upload a custom soundset first and what it is!

Contact has been made.

We are chatting via email. :+1:

2 Likes

Good ole email! Sometimes it’s better than facebook.

Make that “always”…

1 Like

Wow what a treasure trove of music for role-playing thanks so much for this link I’m curious though how this music was made they sound like real instruments what program do you use?

1 Like

This looks awesome! Great find.

2 Likes

I get my music from two separate sources, one being the awesome Soundhammer and the other being the very talented Brandon Fiechter. I’m not sure what Soundhammer uses but I will certainly ask him, but I know Brandon does all of his in GarageBand. Both of them sound really instrumental, so I was shocked when I found out how Brandon made his.

Glad you’ve found them useful though, I’ll post up links to other artists as and when I get them :smile:

2 Likes

Wondering what was the outcome of negotiations with Sound Hammer Inc?

Unfortunately the guys running Soundhammer had to abandon the project so negotiations didn’t get to far. If you are looking for music that you can use though take a look at Kevin MacLeod’s “Incompetech Music” His work is covered under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License and there is a LOT to choose from!

1 Like

Thanks Steve, I’ll definitely check it out!

1 Like

And remember if you make a SoundSet that contains only legally shareable stuff then EVERYBODY would appreciate you letting us know we can turn it on as Community Content.

For example: grab a whole lot of Creative Commons Zero OR Attribution music and organise some Music SoundSets by Feeling, then share with everybody, then we can use them building other stuff as well.

That’d be cool!

Royalty free music streaming sites: https://vidooly.com/blog/youtube-royalty-free-music-sites-for-creators
Free music download sites: http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/free-mp3-download-websites.html

Be careful with your second link: most of the music sites mentioned there DO NOT provide royalty free music, hence can not be used in soundsets destined to share for the community! :wink:

1 Like

“Links to other artists” seems to be my keyword :blush:.
Hope, this is the right place to promote my music and maybe it matches your needs.

I´ve loaded up two sets of my music on youtube. There´s one more fantasy/medieval-style and one scifi/space-ish set.

Let me know, if you like the music and maybe need single tracks or pieces out of the set for your purposes.

Greetings

Loopsinger

Hiya,

There’s some nice stuff here.

If you are keen for the Syrinscape community to hear your stuff you might consider building some of these tracks into some Community Content and letting us know it is ready to share.

Don’t hesitate to reach out to @Steve on steve at syrinscape dot com once you have something ready to show. :slight_smile: :beers: :cupcake:

thanks for your message.

Are there any requirements, I have to meet, like a particular file-format, bitrate, track length or anything like that?

I can split the set in single tracks, cut out pieces of the tracks etc etc.

Greetings

Loopsinger