Reverb with Tinny Sound?

I’ve noticed this every since joining. Whenever certain elements have specific reverb settings (e.g. “poisoned”), they seem to emit a very high pitched “tinny echo”. If I turn off the reverb, this extra sound goes away but basically make it impossible to truly create the sound environments I want. I use the online web player to stream with my group because we are all in different cities and play DnD virtually. Is this a common issue? A sound that constantly causes this is “Fire Crackle” sound effect, specifically with the “popping” sounds. I have a Macbook Pro Silicon (which has incredible speakers and sound) with no issues on any other music or sound effect platform.

Commenting for attention because I notice this as well and have to change the reverb to something else from “cave” or whatever it is. I think it’s only one of them that does this high pitched sound.

Yes, when you feed a white-type noise or something with a LOT of high frequencies through SOME of the reverbs and listen to just that sound on headphones, you WILL head a high ascending chirp produced by some of the convulsions.

I’ve found that as soon as two or more sounds are playing and there’s any kind of other white-ish noise going (like wind or such), these chirps disappear almost entirely and certainly don’t make it through a rich and balanced mix.

Do others find this too?

That said, I will take another look at some of the reverbs and see if there is a way I can get a more perfect clean convulsion file to use.

1 Like