[RESOLVED] Distance Slider Does Not Work on Some Elements

That specific sample was just an example, and I don’t think I was actually using it. It’s been a while since I was working on the soundset, but what I was trying to do was create a city soundscape where I had multiple ambiences being used simultaneously and was using the distance sliders to make them randomly play at different volumes to simulate the party’s moving around in a certain part of the city. Since the ambiences would overlap, sometimes one ambience would be louder than the other (as if they were walking nearer to one side of the street). Or sometimes everything would be quiet (as if they were passing down an alleyway).

Hopefully styles2304 chimes in on what he was doing, because I don’t really need a solution at the moment, since I achieved my goal by finding samples that did allow for 3D positioning. Still, it would be nice if every sample were available for duplication someday, because I remember giving up on using some ambiences that I really liked.

I was attempting an approaching rain storm to the have the rain slowly approach. I achieved, somewhat, what I was trying to do but have several elements duplicate elements at predefined volumes and start delays. It’s a little clunky but it got the job done.

1 Like