Release Notes or Road Map?

Curious if there is a release notes area or road map? I saw a post from the beta of the online player / creator when the lead dev was posting what fixes were rolled out on a regular basis (every month or so) during I guess initial beta rounds. That stops in October.

I have read the forums and know of some things (below), just from gathering my own information, but it would be nice if there was an official post somewhere even if it was “Coming Soon ™” with no real deadlines. Maybe a list of stuff you wouldn’t mind talking about, and keeping a few things secret is good to. I am a development manager, so I understand how features can seem easy on the outside, but once building them take forever or you have to scrap it because of (insert many reasons here).

Rumors / Features I read about in the last few months include:

1. Settings were coming to the online player, not sure if that was scrapped or not.
  2. A new search and way to put content together, I know that went private beta a few weeks ago or so?
  3. A new way to play content, without having to install something. I read that on a post somewhere, can’t find it now.
  4. New Unity player with C# instead of the old scripting, giving much more power to the developers and allow more incremental fixes. I think this was rolled out already, but it’s not clear when that did?

Just trying to find more information, I am excited about this product, and look forward to it’s growth and just curious where we are headed and have something to look forward to.

1 Like

I agree that roadmap is good thing to have :slight_smile:

Is this what you’re looking for?

I would say features in the offline & online player. There are a lot of asks for enhancements and bugfixes pending for months.

1 Like

That’s excellent for the sounds releases (pre-made sounds for our dungeons), but it does not cover the technology releases and / or features of the platform being worked on.

2 Likes

I totally get this, and we really appreciate having a community that is interested in the future of Syrinscape! The topic of publishing a roadmap does come up now and then, but at this point it is not suited to our development cycle.

Rest assured of the following:

• We have a formal method for processing feedback and triaging bugs/features
  • We are hard at work fixing existing issues and introducing new features :wink:
  • We are very excited for the future of Syrinscape
2 Likes