Progress on the Creator

You’re in @secondleveldream

Question) what does “secondleveldream” refer to? :slight_smile:

Could you grant me creator access? Thanks!

@virtual_ixion Done! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like access to the creator as well. Thank you in advance.

@aldridge_steve You have been inducted into the cabal.

A simple question about the final version of the creator :

Will it be possible to quickly replace the “Music” sound of any soundset with a personal music file (from another artist, extracted from a video game etc …) ?

I love syrinscape, and i heavily use it but the music included tend to be repetitive if you use it all the time …

Yep from what I’ve seen of the current version of the creator it is really easy to copy one of the existing soundsets and then add in whatever music or samples you want. Then you would just upload the new soundset (with a new name) and it would appear in your player with whatever music you’ve added. You could even edit your soundset every couple of games or so and then re-upload them so as to keep it fresh.

Ok thank,

So for now you can create your soundset, upload it and download it on the player of any device.

A few others question :

• Will the soundset uploaded like this be visible by other syrinscape user ?
  • Have i a limited amount of space on the server to upload my own soundsets ?
  • Do the soundsets uploaded like this have to respect the tradermarks ? I have a lot of music from different sources (baldu’rs gate, star wars etc …) and i’m pretty sure that i can use it on my own devices but i don’t know if it is legal to upload it on a server.

Thank you,

I too would love access!

I would like access as well.

From what Ben has said your uploads will become instantly visible to you in the player and you can then flag your soundset if you want it to be visible to the community. Only community content can be see by others and it will be checked by the Dev’s first to make sure it does not breach copyright etc.

I’m not sure about space on the server, I’ve not asked about that but yeah it would be useful to know (I have tons of music and samples I’d like to upload)

Soundsets you upload for personal use will be marked to say “personal use only” or something similar and they can contain sounds/music from any music you own, youtube clips or anything else you like as they will only be visible to you. Community Content will have to follow copyright laws and you will have to credit all sounds with the correct licence, I.E, created by user, creative commons, or used with permission. As said above the Dev’s will check those before uploading the soundset onto the shared server.

I’m only a fellow user like yourself so I apologise if this isn’t 100% correct but it’s based on my understanding of things that have been said on other threads etc. :smile: so I hope it answers your questions.

would love access to beta

All correct @Caldeth
As for space we are working towards have unlimited capacity. And girding our loins to be ready for a HUGE growth in our database size.

There’ll be dev work along the way as we grow and adjust to the rates of input and output.

This is one of the things that plays into the wanting people to subscribe to continue access to the stuff they’ve made.

We basically have two options:

1. don’t spend the money on keeping up and slowly let things clam up and become useless to users OR
  2. continue to watch, learn, adjust, improve and make things more and more useful and awesome for everybody.

I like the look of option two personally! :’)

1 Like

Hi Benjamin,

Please can I get access to the beta? I’d like to put together some stuff for Call of Cthulhu.

Cheers

Ian

@ianmward You should be able to see the secret forum Category now!

Can’t wait to hear what you make!

any chance i may gain access to the beta oh great one :smile:

Hi can I get access please, thanks :slight_smile:

@brianmccray40 and @seanbaxen The great one has seen fit to grant to access into the hallowed inner sanctum!

1 Like

Hello, can I please have access to the beta? Sounds exciting !

I too would like access to the beta. Thanks!