Problem with Web Player. Music is playing and I cant stop it

I have a big problem with the web player that makes it unusable for me.

It plays music that I can’t stop using the Stop button. I don’t know where it comes from and how to stop it.

The problem sometimes occurs during game sessions where I frequently switch from one music to another.

Why doesn’t the Stop button stop all sounds? So that I can select new sounds?

One further example:

I play the mood: "Streets of Lima (Evening) from the Masks:Peru Chapter.
When i hit the stop bottom some elements like “1920s Traffic” are still playing.
Even if i play a new mood.

That could be due to slow connection speeds to the server causing some kind of delay. Have you tried switching the servers and seeing if it still behaves the same? We will also take a look into it to see if we can find out what is causing it for you.

I have the same problem now. Since switching to this webpage based player I can no longer stop music no matter how much I have to click the stop button. You click the stop and it becomes greyed out as if it recognized the request… but music refuses to end. It’s incredibly frustrating.

Thanks for your reports everybody.

I’ve been able to reproduce @eko194’s example and we are looking into this.

*fetches hammer (for the cogs) and flame thrower (for the goblins)

1 Like

@argus are your elements that are getting stuck set to ‘crossfade’>?

@argus and @eko194

Are you both using Firefox?

Actually yes… this was on Firefox for me

Oops sorry missed that question. I don’t think it is? I have not touched anything but the play button. Example:

When hitting the stop - you see it gets greyed out like ‘ok I’m stopping’ but it just continues on. Also I noticed if I click on any of the others they just play straight away without asking me to hit the play button. I thought maybe switching to another piece would stop the first one but it doesnt seem to in this case.

Yeah, a few elements are getting stuck sometimes at the moment (we think only in Firefox). We are working on a fix. :robot: :hammer:

Can you try in Chrome for us and let us know if it does NOT get stuck there?

It seems to work in Edge and Chrome

2 Likes

Great, thanks for letting us know. Our dev team are doing lots of testing at the minute and working on a Firefox fix.

1 Like