Problem with severe lag using Syrinscape Online

Hello,

I have been using Syrinscape Online for my Star Wars RPG podcast campaign for some time. I love the features and functionality and it has added so much to our campaign. However, lately I am running into a problem which has gotten so bad that it is becoming difficult to continue to use Syrinscape Online.

Basically, what happens is that, at the start of our game, Syrinscape Online is working fine. Within about 30 minutes into the game, it will become very laggy where issuing any command (mood changes, pause, volume change) starts to become unresponsive. You can tell from the web browser that the little progress bar shows it is not communicating the commands to the server (it gets stuck mid progress). Then the actual Syrinscape Online app will freeze and show ‘Not Responding’ in Windows 10.

This requires me in-game to stop the show, go to task manager, select ‘end task’ on Syrinscape Online. Then I have to re-load the app. After that Syrinscape will still work, but the lag is terrible. It has gotten to the point where it is making large interruptions in the timing of moods and audio.

My primary preference of course would be to trouble shoot the source of lag with this problem and correct it if possible. This only started happening about 3 months ago.

If it is not solve able, I would need help finding an alternate way to run Syrinscape through Discord in a way that doesn’t require me to ride the push-to-talk button forever :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance for your help!

Albert

I should also clarify what my setup is…

I am recording the campaign via OBS (not for streaming but for later editing and posting of the video). I am using VoiceMeeter Banana. I am using Discord as the VOIP.

As for the particular settings:

Playback set as ‘VoiceMeeter Input’
Recording set as ‘Yeti Microphone’

In discord:
Input set to my Microphone
Output set to VoiceMeeter AUX Input

In VoiceMeeter:
My Microphone is set as Hardware Input 1
My Virtual Inputs are VoiceMeeter VAIO (computer sound/Syrinscape) and VoiceMeeter AUX (Discord).
Output set to my Headphones

In OBS:
My microphone, my computer sounds/Syrinscape, and Discord all have separate tracks. The output is recorded to video (mov).

Now, as I mentioned above, I have been doing this for about a year. Syrinscape Online has worked well this way since it came out. Only the last couple months has this worsening lag issue started.