Owned Sounds V Sub - RESOLVED

Hello again. I recently wrote a question concerning a full subscription, which you swiftly answered; thank you. I now had a question concerning purchased material in relation to a costume made sound set. Let’s say I purchased a variety of sound sets you sold. And then let’s say I took on a full subscription thereafter and got to make (through it) sone costume sounds, thereby creating a set and uploading it to the server. I’m guessing that some of the purchased sets will have sounds available through a full subscription. So, my question is this: if I own certain sounds packages, and I had made my own costume sound sets through a full subscription, if I (for whatever reason) were not able to continue my full sub, would I be able to play my costume sound set so long as it had sounds I purchased outright? I hope the question makes sense (and I am not just sounding like a complete moron, LOL). If I do, just let me know so that I can rephrase. Thanks. :wink:

Jaime

From what I know - as long as you have ANY kind of subscription you can access your custom made soundsets, whether they include sounds you haven’t purchased or not. The key is the subscription. Your custom soundsets are stored on the server for you to access from any of your devices. Along with this service comes a subscription. When you unsubscribe, your soundsets won’t be deleted, but you can’t access them any more. Once you have any subscription again, they are there waiting for you.

I hope this was helpful.

1 Like

I’m a new user, so I probably am not the right one to answer, but while waiting for replies to my own question I’ve been keeping browsing through faq and posts and I think the answer is probably: no. Your costume set, being a custom work from existing syrinscape sets does not exist outside of the syrinscape server. So, even if you had all the original sets since you bought them, you wouldn’t have locally the new costume set. It would be on their servers, thus accessible only from a sub plan, like the server one ($5/mo).

But wait! If the costume set is downloaded locally on a device, you probably would be able to keep using it (in fact we don’t need to download sets on a device more than once), but you couldn’t have it available on any other device of yours, since you wouldn’t have access to the servers anymore. The same would be true for a reinstall on that device if you didn’t have backups of the db…

I will wait for official answers to your question though, since it’s interesting for me, too: I would probably make a campagin set once a year, and keeping a sub active would probably be costly. As a reviewer said, the product is terrific, the selling model is a bit convoluted :smile:

1 Like

New_Vision and Doc; thanks for your responses! Yes, Doc, I see what you are saying about the local files, and if that were to be possible, OMG… it would surely resolve a lot of my hesitation! I too also agree that the sub can be a bit of a financial burden. I get, though, the business model; and that I feel this way is in no way a slight to the creators (in the end, business is business, and they’ve created something excellent here). That said, I am a 40-some-year-old-man with two kids and a lot of running around in general. When I run a game… it happens once, maybe twice a month if I’m lucky. I would rather buy the sounds that I need, create a sound set in the order I need it, and play it when needed without breaking the bank (The Financial Warden-In-Chief, or otherwise my wife, may not exactly approve of a monthly expense for sounds I use once in a blue moon, LOL). I found myself wishing I could make a costume sound set and then purchase it from them outright.

Ah… que sera, que sera.

But, still, like you, I would like to wait for a more official response as to whether or not I could create a soundset with the sounds I purchased organized as I want them, and still be able to use it once my sub expires. Otherwise… as I see it, the choices become quite sharp and clear; I either purchase and click around for sounds when I need them or (to my dismay) I purchase nothing at all since I am uncertain that clicking around for sounds would become somewhat burdensome during a campaign (the last thing I want to do while running the story is bumbling about for files in a program app).

In any case… thanks for the feedback folks.

Hi createaflow,
I’m in the same business :smile: over 40 with kids wanting to play, and that might happen once or twice a month. I get their business model, too, it’s just it’s a bit too binary for my tastes. I think I will start with a supersyrin sub to get acquainted with sets customizing, then go back to a fantasy (or server) one and use the supersyrin only when I want to get ready for a whole campaign: I love the possibility of putting all those oneshots in one set, so not to jump here and there to find them, else I will have to stick with moods and not think about oneshots. Jumping through sets to find them would break the game’s timing.

The only other possibility is to buy some sets up front and only use them, but in that case I couldn’t use the Creator nor customize the oneshots. Of course if it was possible to use our server to sync between devices it would be different, but the product is great nonetheless, so I’ll probably stick with their marketing.

P.S. yes, it would be great to be able to buy a set created via the Creator starting from other sets. Of course this would need the staff to have: 1) a creator only access/sub; this would be awesome, but honestly is the supersyrin sub anyway. 2) a way to price such a custom set for us to buy. Probably will not happen (although I would to get those customers not willing to subscribe and not willing to buy tons of sets).

1 Like

Yes, I agree, Doc. Most def! Honestly, I’m on the fence. The sub-option at 5 bucks, if anything, would be what I would be looking at if “Parlament” agrees to a sub of any sort (were I to try to go that route); the other price-options are just staggeringly expensive. Consider that I own a sub for the ENTIRE Adobe Suite (I’m an artist/teacher) for 35 dollars (roughly) a month, which allows me to edit images, video (and some sound), graphics, create web pages, get one-hundred gigs of cloud space, plus free fonts and a Behance subscription (the latter is free anyhow, lol)! And even THAT, which I use to bring bacon home, has me asking, “do I really want to continue the pain?” But, damn it, my kids need to eat! LOL

In any case, fortunately, I’m still prepping material for the game, so I don’t quite need to make a choice about Syrinscape just yet. But soon, I must.

By the way, and TOTALLY unrelated; I would absolutely recommend getting some Phillips Hue light bulbs. They are pricey (damn them!) but god are they cool! I got this app called OnSwitch and purchased some of their super cheap lighting scenes…, adding sounds to lighting effects that you can control (ON/OFF/FADE/SWITCH COLORS)… can we just say “immersion.” Anyway, just a thought; I did spend an upfront pretty penny for the darn bulbs, but considering my basement is my gaming room, office, man cave, and barroom (margaritas anyone?), the fact that at any moment the space can look like a freaking disco or a battle scene straight out of Star Wars… I must recommend it by declaring, “Let There Be Light!” ROFL :smile:

Yes exactly what @New-Vision said. You would need some level of subscription to be able to access your Syrinscape Soundset Creator soundsets and we have made a low level subscription just for that purpose. With that said if you had to stop your sub for a time. your actual content would still remain safe on our server for you to be able to access when you resubscribed.

Does that make sense? :slight_smile:

The Adventure Path subscription is only actually $1.50 more a month and unlocks the entire catalog of Fantasy or Sci-fi sounds. But of course its whichever sub level matches your personal needs the most, which is why we created a few different options :slight_smile:

Gotcha!

One more question: the Adventure Path sub wouldn’t grant you access to the sound set creator for those sounds alone, would it?

Again, thank you very much for your response; as I think I’ve made clear with my exchanges with other members, I am definitely thinking of getting something ( :smile: ) just trying to figure out what that will be. Hehee.

Hehe no problem, always happy to help

No you would need the Supersyrin sub for the Syrinscape Soundset Creator I’m afraid. The reason for this is that the program requires full access to our server and access to all of our available sound samples, currently exceeding 100,000! You also get access to all of the great Community Content which other Creators have uploaded and shared :smile:

1 Like