Out of the Abyss

I’m in a D&D campaign now. We’re using Out of the Abyss. I’m looking for some good sounds for this week’s session. There’s going to be a few Kuo-toa “religious ceremonies”–some more dark than others. I already plan on using the monk sounds, but I need a more “dark” feel. Is there anything I’m overlooking? If so please point me in the correct direction. If not, are there other suggestions for importing samples? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

There’s the Underwater Dungeon, for some water sounds, Flooded Cavern, for echoey sounds and distant monsters, Spooky for general uneasy and weird sounds, and Fountain Room for strange atmospheres. Earth Elemental has some “summoning” sounds. If you want to use some from the Sci-Fi player, Shub-Niggerath and Cthulhu Rises have some great creepy ambiance as well as rising tension.

Oh yeah, I’ve prepared those for this next session. I’m looking now for some chant like sounds. Nothing I’ve found so far is what I’m looking for, but maybe I need to mix a few more to get the complete sound.

Curiously, I was listening to Shub-Niggarath while I was typing up the previous post, and the first button in the set, “the Horror Approaches,” actually has droning chanting in it. It’s not an immediate start, and it’s not super-prominent, but it is in there, if that helps.

2 Likes

Bump. As one of the consistently highest-rated 5e adventures, would love to see a soundset for Out of the Abyss.