Our game last night

I wanted to post about the awesome game we had last night because of Syrinscape. We are playing through Descent into Avernus and using Fantasy Grounds VTT. This past week, we switched over to using Syrinscape Online. Our DM spent some time this week and created unique soundboards for each of us players. So all through the game, every time we took an action, cast a spell, attacked something, we could just click and play our characters sounds. We all had such a great time. I dont think I have laughed as hard in a game in years.

thank you!

5 Likes

This is sooooooooooo cool! Which extension were you using?

Mainly though = THANKS for taking the time to come by and say nice things… it REALLY help ME to have a lovely day, knowing I am working hard to make nice things for nice people having fun with them!

GAME ON! :beers: :crossed_swords: :beers:

I was using the extension I developed for FG. I wasnt trying to self promote here. I was just so excited how smoothly everything went. This is John (from emails with Rob).

1 Like

Hehe, Ben’s tried out your extension in our game last week, just dont think he clicked your username here with your real name when he was posting :slight_smile:

Great work on the extension by the way!

Ahhh! Now I understand what your extension is for! I thought it was just a UI helper for the GM. So - making sure I understand - player clicks button, sends message to GM, GM’s server whacks the syrinscape API, sounds plays everywhere. Cool beans!

It really is! we use it in our team game and it’s fantastic. As GM I can set the moods from directly within Fantasy Grounds and not have to move between UI’s. Better yet @benjamin casts Spiritual Weapon and it automatically triggers the one-shot or @new_vision cleaves my bandit in two and the Wilhelm scream triggers.:slight_smile:

Yup, the extension does a couple of things. One is it allows the DM to trigger sounds from within Fantasy Grounds easily. The DM can also create sound links shared with the players that let them trigger sounds as well.

Additionally, the extension allows you to create triggered sounds based on messages in the chat window. So you can define a trigger when someone casts Fireball, or attacks with a sword, an appropriate sound will automatically play.

The extension itself is for sale on the DMsGuild. There is also have an optional separate sound triggers module for sale there as well with about 400 premade triggers for 5e that cover many spells, attacks, and environmental sounds.

Yep, bought it, had some struggles because I am on a Mac, but I have ironed them all out. Now working on csv import for my custom moods

Check the new README PDF. There is a better method now for getting your custom sounds in. I created a web service at https://mattekure.com/Syrin2FG/ which allows you to upload your CSV file, and it will create a custom sound links module with all of your sounds.