Otherworldly / Astral Creature - Suggestions?

In an upcoming session, it is highly likely that my D&D group will encounter a fearsome Astral Dreadnought.

In the lore, an Astral Dreadnought is a huge monster dwelling on the Astral Plane. There is likely going to be an element of hide-and-seek to the combat, because the creature is too terrifying an adversary to battle head-to-head, and so I was hoping for the sound of a creature to help me sell when it is getting closer.

I am ideally looking for something a bit different to a conventional monster growl - something a little more ethereal and / or bizarre, to convey the pseudo-Lovecraftian vibe of a Terror from Beyond, etc.

Any guidance from the experts would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

We actually have Lovecraftian sounds within Syrinscape.

Try Shub-Niggurath or Pathfinder: Doomsday Dawn - When the Stars Go dark contains a Cthulhu Spawn Battle in the Desert, Shoggoth Battle and Malignant Theoramt Battle. They’re all a bit “bizarre”.

Nyarlathotep, Shoggoth, Mi-Go Lab/Underground (all from Sci-Fi player), and perhaps some background weirdness from some elements of Preserver Artifacts could also be helpful!

1 Like